• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kennyb

Ign Amp Confusion?!?!?

Kennyb

Hi Guys

Ok i've ordered an peugeot ign amp in the vein of trying to fix my ignition/misfire problem

This is the part I have been given (after 20 questions and a few days of wait)

DSC00013.jpg

And this is what on the car!!!!

DSC00012.jpg

Yay!!! looks totally different as usual!!!

My question is ....could I use this amp....because the guy has told me if I open the packet I cant return it

My 205 is a G reg 1.9 by the way

Cheers

Tom Fenton

Personally I would never buy something like that from the dealer, they are selling you the same thing as you will get from a motor factor at a vastly inflated price.

MerlinGTI

intermotor and Huco amps are s*ite mate (ive had personal experiance with brand new huco one), take it back! (but as long as it has the same number of pins it should 'work'. You have a choice of 5 or 7 IIRC)

If you do take it back go for bosch or magneti marelli

GLPoomobile

Peugeot supply Intermotor amps? Bugger me! What a crock!

Kennyb

ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHH @*@%$£@£"!!!! COCKS!!!! I asked for a genuine bosch aswell and he said it would be...... you wanna know how much this cost me???? £86!!!!!!!!!!!

Where can I get a magneti/bosch from quick pronto then

Cheers

KRISKARRERA

I'd try taking it back. They've sold you pattern s*ite that we all know won't work.

GLPoomobile

And if they give you s*it about returning it, speak to the parts manager, and if he gives you s*it, speak to the branch manager. If he gives you s*it, then I dunno, speak to Gordon Brown or summat :ph34r:

MerlinGTI
And if they give you s*it about returning it, speak to the parts manager, and if he gives you s*it, speak to the branch manager. If he gives you s*it, then I dunno, speak to Gordon Brown or summat :ph34r:

Gordon Brown! I wouldnt waste my time with him, insted I'd opt to 'insert' the intermotor amp into the peugeot parts man...

Sideways....

With no 'thermal paste' !!! :lol:

large
With no 'thermal paste' !!! :ph34r:

:lol::ph34r::P

hexhamstu

since when did these cost £86?

N92350 IGNITION MODULE-5 PIN 205 1.1/1.4 87> £25.00 Add

N92354 IGNITION MODULE-7 PIN 205 £34.50 Add

thats from gsf, i dont think they are bosch ones, but neithers the one you got from pug.

Alastairh

Take it back for the fact its not a Bosch one.

Any other make i've come across have been a waste of time.

Kennyb

Check this out!!!! rang today and complained that I Specified that I wanted a bosch and I got this piece of monkey s*ite so I want what I asked for!!

It was a different guy that answered and he went away to see what he could do......then came back and said the guy that took the order (Parts Manager) had put an order in for a bosch but was on back order so he just gave me this....AND STILL CHARGED ME FOR THE BOSCH!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!! Parts????? more like gypsy scally robbing mother F**!£@S!!!!

They said they are sorting it....... and I can swop it.......... but now they dont know how long it will take and car is stood :-( Cocks

jimistdt

So basically he tried to rob you? I'd be sending a letter to HO, no mistake.

hexhamstu
Check this out!!!! rang today and complained that I Specified that I wanted a bosch and I got this piece of monkey s*ite so I want what I asked for!!

It was a different guy that answered and he went away to see what he could do......then came back and said the guy that took the order (Parts Manager) had put an order in for a bosch but was on back order so he just gave me this....AND STILL CHARGED ME FOR THE BOSCH!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!! Parts????? more like gypsy scally robbing mother F**!£@S!!!!

They said they are sorting it....... and I can swop it.......... but now they dont know how long it will take and car is stood :-( Cocks

i wouldnt take that. go back and tell him is an utter cock.

timmsy19
ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHH @*@%$£@£"!!!! COCKS!!!! I asked for a genuine bosch aswell and he said it would be...... you wanna know how much this cost me???? £86!!!!!!!!!!!

Where can I get a magneti/bosch from quick pronto then

Cheers

Ouch. I got one of these the other day from a motor factors near me only cost £27 iirc.

Hasnt cured the problem so took it back off as i'd rather have a bosch one.

i'd be writing a letter to HQ and making a formal complaint about how they tried to rob you.

on this same subject is there actually any difference in a 5 and 7 pin one? i got told the intermotor 7 pin as above would be "just fine" ?

philfingers

two options, either try and get someone on here to sell you one OR print out that list of the ebay page and go down your nearest scrappy and get one yourself. Souldn't cost more than a few quid!

Sign in to follow this