• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Seat Mounting Bolts Drivers Side

johnnyboy666

ive been trying to swap my tilting seat mech under my drivers seat for a non tilting 5 door one but i cannot for the life of me undo the two bolts at the back in the middle of the car,(underneath where the seatbelt clips into) they just will not come out!! i managed to get them about 4 or 5mm undone but after that theyve stopped dead and have shredded my knuckles repeatedly trying to undo them, and have now bent my torx tool ( long allen key style one) the only thing i can think of is to go and get some drill bit type torx and drill them out but then i risk rounding them off.

any advice??

john

pug_ham

You'll need to get underneath the car & clean the rust off the threads that will have built up from them being exposed to the elemenst for the life of the car.

I have done this before with a decent (new) M8 nut & after giving what threads I can see a good scrub with a wire brush, smear some coper grease onto the threads & the run the new nut up the threads a few times to clean them off.

Even better is if you can get use of an M8 die nut but with this you need to be really careful not to cross the threads or cut new ones because if you do, they won't come out.

Graham.

Anteas

get the drill bit torx bit but get 1 that fits into a socket so u can use a rachet on it dont forget to clean and grease the bolt from underneath the car as pugtorqe surgested