• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
number2301

Champion Sparkplugs

number2301

I've replaced my sparkplugs with a set of Champion plugs just today (£1.50 each), then got home and thought I'd have a search on here, turns out no one rates them.

So what problems am I likely to have with them? I've got them in and the car seems fine at the moment but I don't know if I should just replace them straight away?

boombang

I'd keep them in tbh, so long as they are the right spec (gap, temp and electrode) then there is nowt wrong with them.

On my old 106 Gti I found the original speccd Champions (out of Haynes manuaL) made the car run far better than the NKGs that came out (approx 6k miles old so may have been slightly worn). MPG was up for sure.

number2301

I didn't actually check the gap as I assumed they'd be right from the factory, is it worth getting them out to check?

MerlinGTI
I didn't actually check the gap as I assumed they'd be right from the factory, is it worth getting them out to check?

Hell yes!

omega

what number are the plugs?and is it a 16 or 19?

Sign in to follow this