• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy F

H&h Dizzy For Mi

Andy F

Hi

Was hoping someone could help with sorting my ignition for my mi that will be running 45's.

I have spoken to H&H as miles recommened them as i dont really fancy the dizzy adapter idea. The info they gave me is below.

I spoke to them about the first option and they said the ignition module would be part of the dizzy and the only feed i would need would be to the coil. Now im slightly confused as looking at my loom i have all the wires for the ignition amp which presumably i still need to use?? Also the loom that went to the old coil has a block with 4 wires in. Can someone shed some light on this.

Thanks for the help yet again

Hi Andy

We can supply the distributor you need, the price of this unit outright

with high power HT coil £205.00 inc vat & P&P. This will be set to suit

the spec of the MI16 engine.

If you have a distributor & need us to rebuild & re-spec it to suit the

MI16 the cost will be £125.00 inc vat & P&P.

Kind Regards

Lee  Hull

H&H Ignition Solutions

woodsy

This sounds quite interesting mate as just in process of putting my mi back together with an inlet cam.Iam running 45's aswell.

I take it they reweight etc the dizzy to suit the mi16.What kind of gains does it make.

Anthony

At that price, is it not worth considering proper mappable ignition like Megajolt? A dizzy will always be a compromise IMO.

Andy F

Im not really sure of the gains, as to be honest im not 100% sure what the difference is to a standard set up. They do reweigh the dizzy as you say.

A dizzy maybe a compromise but ive had so many cars where ive been faffing around with mapping that i just wanted an plain old boring dizzy.

Daz_C
Hi

I have spoken to H&H as miles recommened them as i dont really fancy the dizzy adapter idea.

You'll still need a dizzy adapter surely as I guess they will just modify a 1.6/1.9 dizzy to suit your requirements !?

Andy F

hmm thinking about it, i guess so as unless they had a totally different shapped dizzy housing it wouldnt fit on the end of the cam.

Thinking ill make another phone call :rolleyes:

Stu

I considered this route mate, as im in the process of moving across to 45's, and after some digging and looking around i opted for the Megajolt.

Granted, it needs a little input from the builder to get it up and running, but thats part of the fun in my opinion. :rolleyes:

My V4 Megajolt (assembled and tested) cost me £125 direct from Autosport Labs in the U.S, including the comms leads, case flanges and delivery, so i figured it to be the most cost effective option for ignition only management.

The V4 (and V3 to a large extent) has some pretty neat features, it has 4 programmable outputs, a shift light output, map correction through a secondary input (i.e. temp sender) and has the facility to run a hard rev limiter.

The mapping software is available for free as its freeware, and there is a massive community of owners/builders/users with all sorts of projects who seem to be a helpful bunch from what ive encountered so far.

Sign in to follow this