205GTIDrivers.com has just received a major redesign and the update is still in progress, so please bear with us. You may want to clear your browser's cache and cookies for this site. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Also, we invite you to post feedback in this topic: http://www.205gtidrivers.com/topic/171489-new-website-feeback/ 

Leslie green

Barn Find Laser Green 1.9 Gti.

Leslie green

Telf ..They all go in the same areas it's true , rear bumper mounts being the worst place ,the waxoyl on the boot floor has certainly helped mine and it's been caught in time ..my sills look fine too and have never been touched .

I don't know if its leaks yet as it's probably been inside the last 10 years but I don't really fancy taking the wings off unless I need to but I'm going further in all the time !Looks like the drivers wing is a replacement and may come off easy as it doesn't seem to be sealed and it has a dent at the bottom that needs fixing. The floorpan inside still has most of the original paint but will have to do some water tests before the carpet goes back in, my original plan was just to get it mot'ed for now and drive it as the paint isn't too bad as i've another car that needs some final welding before getting painted and there is hardly any room in the shed to work , ideally Id like to have put it on a spit and fix the flattened chassis legs etc as it's far too hard working underneath .

As has been said before though compared to old fords the 205 is a welders dream ! I've more of an issue with loads of dents on every panel and the usual scrap engine block .

Edited by Leslie green