• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

stef205

[car_upgrade] Stef's 205 Gti6 Conversion And Tidy

stef205

bit of a update,

My underlay arrived, Went in fairly easy, and easy to shape.

null_zps1deea28d.jpg

Also painted the the inner quarter panels as it was bare

Ive yet to order my new carpet as ive just paid for my new xbox :lol: so that will have to wait for abit, i stuck the old carpet back in for now along with the old boot mdf floor.

null_zps3bd3d374.jpg

I hope to replace the harness for ones that go round the harness bar at some point.

also i shot blasted and painted my spare top strut mounts

null_zpsadbd9451.jpg

null_zpsa417e805.jpg

currently in the middle of finishing my rose jointed wishbones and rose jointed link arms.

allanallen

Stef, you should be able to cut the hooks off the harness and use the buckle thing to fit them to the cage.

Have you considered a 50mm dumpvalve? You can get cheap ish far eastern ones off ebazzle, think I'll be trying one

Edited by allanallen

stef205

i have thought about the 50mm's but the 3x 25mm seem to be working, i havent thought about cutting the harness tbh

dexter1002

Looking good, what kind of power did it make an sandy's ? cage looks a bit different!

stef205

Ha yes it does look abit different, I have no idea on power, the rollers are just rollers at srd

stef205

Ha yes it does look abit different, I have no idea on power, the rollers are just rollers at srd

eddy_gti6

Looking good. What radiator are you running?

stef205

a modified Renault 5 turbo radiator.

eddy_gti6

I was looking at a 76mm R5 GT Turbo alloy radiator last week but wasnt sure if it was big enough? if yours is fine i may still consider getting one :)

stef205

youll need a return welding into the rad for the expansion tank.

eddy_gti6

Cool thanks for the info, shouldnt be an issue. Any pics of your rad after its modified?

stef205

78095A3A-02C4-4E5A-BF49-CD0610CA2594-116

you can see the outlet at the top.

mikeygulley

Looking good Stef! I'm a little bit in ore of this car, I love it's rawness!! Reminds me of my dad bizarrely!! hahahahaha!

stef205

Haha thanks mate, you'll be able to have the old inlet soon ;) you'll have to give me a message ill pop down to the workshop soon.

Harni

Looking good mate. Had any running issues at all since installing the charger or has it been trouble free? Im building a similar engine to this for my 306 so interested to hear how your getting on with it!

stef205

Absolutely trouble free apart from buying a duff charger to start with! It's my daily drive and It still puts a smile on my face. The best thing I did was get sandy to map it completely transformed the car.

Harni

Mine will be being done by Track 'n' Road as they are one of the closest to me and have a fairly good reputation. Have heard very good things about Sandy but its just to far for me to get the car with no proper map on it! Whats the charger whine like in the car on normal driving? Particularly loud or liveable?

stef205

Very loud, if you don't like noise then buy one of them rotrex belt driven turbo thingys :P

Harni

Nah sod that they are boring. Would rather have the noise lol

stef205

ive made abit more progress with my rose joint wishbones, i bolted them down to the mill and milled a slot into them for the inserts to sit in. I then made some longer inserts up on the lathe out of 25mm bar. I didnt like bolting the arms down through the bushes as it gave ridiculous movement on the mill! then opted to use some fingers instead and worked perfectly.

F5F45B63-F579-405C-989E-38B637815768_zps

Ive also knocked up some rose joint drop links, currently testing them on the car atm. Cost more to make that standard drop links but should last considerably longer. Clearance is good with them considering i thought i may have a issue to start.

903A3C4B-83A7-4B5D-9E10-3B331C105DE7_zps

Thats where my good news has ended, yesterday i was rear ended while out visiting a friend, I was pulling out onto a rounder bout i moved forward then had to stop again then the old man behind in his brand new Chevrolet matiz decided to keep going. <_< First thing i did was jump straight out and check the boot floor and all seems to be straight. Valance was hanging on the floor with the bumper hanging on with a thread.

Move the car to the side of the road up onto a bank then did the obvious owner to owner discussion. Luckily i had 2 ratchet straps in the car and managed to strap the bumper and valance up.

All is being sorted through the insurance although he is denying it was his fault. Funny enough it had happened across from the peugeot dealership :lol: i had afew eyes watching from the dealer ship window. They even had the cheeky to try sell me some parts! i replied with- only if you agree that the 205 was the better model made!

Car will be going to my good friends shop to be repaired luckily i dont the car for work.

7998196E-77C2-4926-B182-6018E2B27EE4_zps

Hard to see with my poor pictures but at the least id say it needs a tailgate and a rear bumper.

Anthony

Atleast it's just bolt on bits by the sounds of it, and not damage to the boot floor, rear quarter or roof as so often happens following rear end shunts.

Red strip looks to have survived unscaithed too... just as well, as that's probably the most expensive bit on the back judging by the silly prices that eBay ones have been selling for recently!

stef205

yes i knew the red strips were available as you say but at silly prices.

stef205

not really done alot to the car since the bump in the rear, car still isnt repaired but has been approved to be repaired.

ive recently bought another set of wheels to allow me to get my 1.2's repainted, i found them on ebay on night with 4 new tyres, Colour is abit bright but will do for now.

7C3B2EEA-ECF6-4A07-B9A1-383FCA918EB4_zps

I also knocked up some longer inserts for the rose jointed wishbones.

F2FD452C-FCCB-4F10-9E05-33E0FA764D60_zps

Welded them on and set about test fitting them.

91EAAB83-4712-47CA-AD29-40B2EE34668A_zps

all for now

stef205

Ive been struggling with leaking rear quarter windows and i didnt want to loose the opening factor and follow trend and use the non opening windows from the poverty specs. So dan kindly donated some 306 rear quarter seals he had laying about and i set about fitting them to the 205. They needed to be cut and then have a couple of inches cut off. Good result in the end as the windows are no longer leaking!

19B57387-2A42-465B-83ED-490456BB136B_zps

I now fear the price of 306 rear quarter seals have gone up :P

I also got another subframe of anthony recently as i have a bent n/s wishbone mount, so i thought id have a go at seam welding it abit im no where near a perfect welder so i dont expect it to come out perfect.

D1753899-EAE3-43B0-BF00-5C380D1B8779_zps

Abit of paint and it will be ready to have my vts rack fitted to it.

chipstick

Ive been struggling with leaking rear quarter windows and i didnt want to loose the opening factor and follow trend and use the non opening windows from the poverty specs. So dan kindly donated some 306 rear quarter seals he had laying about and i set about fitting them to the 205.

Don't forget where you heard that tip ;)