205GTIDrivers.com has just received a major redesign and the update is still in progress, so please bear with us. You may want to clear your browser's cache and cookies for this site. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Also, we invite you to post feedback in this topic: http://www.205gtidrivers.com/topic/171489-new-website-feeback/ 

• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

skeggyrik

[car_overhaul] Miami16. The Story Of Slowly Progressing 205 Build.

Anthony

Shame after spending so long building it, but I guess that if you're not using it and you don't foresee that changing then maybe it makes sense :(

Redjam007

What a fantastic thread, took a while but I read the whole story, I am just starting my Miami MI16 project at the minute, it's stripdown time, and I will be following a path similar to yours. (So if you have any spare spares that may help I would gladly buy them from you) all what you have wrote I will take on board , it will be a help towards what I have ahead of me.

skeggyrik

Had a go at the fading trim and bumpers on on the 205.

I have previously used some G Technic stuff with good results but the bumpers always looked faded and several shades lighter than the side trims.

Bought some of the Autobright Restore 2 Black Permanent Dye and tried the rear sections and rear bumper.

It goes on on really easily, wipes off the paint and the red trim easily and seems to give a good even result. I think with some careful touching up with something more accurate than the big sponge donut they provide, it will look very good indeed.

Before, looking faded and powdery

th_IMG_0464.jpg

After

th_IMG_0465.jpg

The rear bumper has really taken up the colour well.

th_IMG_0467.jpg

I am pleased and will continue with it for the rest of the trim.

You can see the lacquer issues the car is now suffering in the above photo, it has crazed and looks almost matt at some angles. Can you tell the tailgate had paint in the past?!! :lol:​

Edited by skeggyrik