'I accentally a Group A rally car', that's what I keep saying to my still slightly overwhelmed self  
A few weeks ago, I bought a historic rally car that I was - quite pointlessly - lurking around for the last 3 years or so. Actually buying it had never been a realistic option until I just started doing some research, completely went down the rabbit hole and subsequently contacted the seller.
This week, I finally picked up the car and brought it to a friend's workshop for an analysis and kick-start of my new project:   The plan is to bring the car back to a fully period-correct Group A specification again (plus the safety features that FIA wants nowadays).
Although it will probably never happen, the car should - in theory - be able to be used in official historic rallies when I'm finished, including all the correct paperwork.
A secondary goal (or, maybe even my hidden primary goal?) is to learn a lot about Group A and historic rallying in the process - that's what 'Archeology' refers to in the thread title.

I will probably post some more info on the car's history and current status & specification soon, as well as on it's planned future, but first of all, some pics