So, I have a thread running here for a my 1985 rally car that I bought about 2.5 years ago, I went looking for a 1985 or early so that we could use it for historic stuff in Cat4.     So that car showed up in Glasgow, a 5hr round trip, not a nightmare. It had suffered a roll but was in decent shape and a solid enough base but would need work, including a fresh roof panel. The work stalled on it a little due to work and bits but I kept looking for a 3 door non sunroof or donor car and until I had that I just slowly did bits and sourced parts.   So whilst on my hunt for a roof I got told about a guy that had a couple 205’s in his agricultural buildings (I was at a kids bday party and my mate mentioned it) anyway 2 weeks ago I wondered down to the yard which is about 2 miles from my house and had an ask.   Turns out he had 3 205’s a couple stdt’s and then a B reg 1.6gti rally car that had done the 1994 RAC rally. The guy had bought it and used it once on a night rally, had a small of and a small half roll then parked it and left it for 25 years in his barn, until about 12months ago when he had to move it outside sheeted over but with no windscreen in it?   Randomly when I did a little digging I found out it was owned and did the RAC rally in 1994 by a guy I’ve known for years and was actually my boss about 12 years ago, so having rung him I found out it was built from a mint which turns out to have been a GL shell with all new PTS group N bits. It was built purely for the RAC and that was its first event as a new build car and finished 3rd in N2. He then did the Pirelli in it and had a small off in Pundershaw where he rolled it gently over some brash it landed on its wheels but they couldn’t get it out, so they retired but where pulled out and drove out the stage.   He then sold it and from what I can tell it was repaired and used for a couple night rallies, suffered a slight roll again (running theme here with me buying previously rolled 205 rally cars!!) then put in a clean dry workshop and left………for about 20 years!   The shell, despite spending the last 12-18moths outside sheeted over, minus its windscreen is so solid, there is so little rust anywhere, I had thought it was a GTI on the logbook but its not, but to be honest I bet lots of rally cars aren’t or have been re-shelled into base model cars but with the identity swapped etc. My other car in the other thread is a GTI on the logbook, but in truth is in way worse condition than this.   I couldn't not buy this, it looks ropey but the main shell has basically no rust, its seam welded and has all the PTS stuff thats hard to get now. The cage needs to come out and have a quick sand down and be repainted and the interior needs to come out be cleaned and refit plus a cambelt kit and then see what we have.