After eating a few gearboxes on my 205 I got really fed up of changing them, I decided to try and doing something about it. I wanted to keep with the 6 speed gearboxes there was nothing I could do with the casings with out spending massive amounts of money that I didn't have.   After stripping a few gear boxes I found one with input shaft bearing failure and 4 with broken gears and badly worn syncros(I don't miss gears! ). As said I cant afford to spend massive amounts on the standard box and I'm saving to go sequential eventually. After going for a spirited drive I noticed that the gear box was exceptionally hot the ir probe showed 174 degrees well out of the oil specification....oops! I fitted a sensor bung in the box and started recording the temp of the oil directly. As can be expected oil temp was directly related to applied power, with the oil temp showing a great degree of latency in responding to reduction in power.   Quite simply I added a drain bung in the lower part of the box and a return through the reverse inhibit hole. I have been using a 306 hdi diesel lift pump to circulate the oil through a 13row oil cooler in the boot. Oil temps lowered to around 70 degrees. well within oil specification. The Box hasn't broken yet     Pictured to come   James