• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kennyb

Swaping Be1 For Be3

Kennyb

Hi Guys Happy new year all

Just a quick question

Im in need of a be1 box for my 1989 lift up reverse 1.9...........can I swap for a BE3 because im struggling to get the BE1 :-(

And if so is it a straight swop with just a change of clutch cable pos (diff, mount, speedo housing etc)? ;-)

Cheers

Rob Turbo

IIRC it fits straight in, the diff, mount, clutch and speedo housing are the same for sure, the lift up reverse cable will need to be removed or taped out of the way and possibly the clutch cable will need replacing

bensonmi
IIRC it fits straight in, the diff, mount, clutch and speedo housing are the same for sure, the lift up reverse cable will need to be removed or taped out of the way and possibly the clutch cable will need replacing

and the clutch pedal so iv heard :D

Kennyb

pedal??? eh?? why? :D

Baz

Because the cable fitment is different.

bensonmi
pedal??? eh?? why? :huh:

not sure why,im doing the same changing from lift up reverse to reverse under 5th.

i been told a few times ned to change the pedal but i honestly dont know why! defo neeed a different cable tho

Baz

yes there's 3 different cables, you need the pedal as i say as the cables locate differently on a be3 and be1.

Edited by Baz

Kennyb

Bugger :-( is that a defo? .........anyone got a ph2 clutch pedal?? :huh: suppose they will be a bitch to swop too?

dcc

i tried all the local scrappy's to me, and no luck.

I bought a new pedal for £26 from pug.

I think, lookign back at it, i could have just cut the hook on my old pedal!

jplautomotive

pedal ???? :huh:

mine was a be1 1.6 now a be3 mi16 and i never changed pedal put a different cable on but that was it

i still got wrong gear knob and the reverse cable is just tied up , come to think of it i converted the be1 to

be3 type clutch and got rid of the 'L' arm when i first fitted the mi16 lump with the 1.6 box and changed cable then

i think the outer was a different fitting in bulk head but i made it fit

jonny

dcc

Also, it isnt a bitch. 1 bolt, took mne about 1 min to undo the nut and fit the new pedal

jplautomotive

i still got a the 1.6 be1 box in my garage i think , if any one needs one

jonny

Kennyb

£26 pound aint bad really.........anyone else have any confirmation on the pedal swop thingy from be1 to be3?

dcc

you need a BE3 cable and Pedal, thats all. Its what i changed with mine, and mine went from 1st-5th fine, and also into reverse (although i have reverse next to first on mine :huh: but its using be3 clutch arm mechanism )

Kennyb

What about clutch release bearing and clutch etc........will I need a be3 clutch maybe?

Sign in to follow this