• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Fox

Gti6 Engine, Where Is The Servo Take Off?

Fox

As title really, I've been sorting the last bits on my gti6 conversion, but have come slightly stuck on the brakes.

There seems to be two vac take offs, one on the manifold, and one on the rocker cover at the end of the head.

I've seen photos that show a pipe connecting both of these, and then to the servo, but I'm missing this pipe.

For now, I've stuck the vac pipe on the inlet manifold only and the brakes seem to be ok (i've not driven it properly though!), whats the pump for?

Fox

Photo of TB one

Image302.jpg

Photo of the cam one

Image301.jpg

Spiky

i sent you pics didn't i matey?

of the cam it goes to a valve (one way i think)

then that "T"'s to the brake servo and the other connection goes to the first pic :lol:

Spiky
DSC05689.jpg Edited by Spiky

Spiky

hope they help matey :lol:

DSC05522.jpg

DSC05187.jpg

Fox

Hmm, it does appear I'm missing those, bugger.

So i'll need no's 12 & 10.

What are 8 & 9 for then, where do they go? Hang on, theres two no 8's!

hf45c52a.jpg

Edited by Fox

Spiky

why not just get on the gti6 forum and buy off there, there probably loads laying around

M@tt

that short no.8 isn't present on mine it has a little blanking cap on it

welshpug

the diagram for the P1 306 doesn't quite make sense to me, the P2 on does though :wacko:

gti6servivacpumppipes.jpg

No 14; 457293 BRAKE VAC HOSE £13.29

No 8; 457221 BRAKE VAC HOSE £18.72

No 9; 457243 BRAKE VAC HOSE £6.28

No 10; 457519 AMPLIFIER VALVE £19.54

No 13; 162460 PLUG £1.15

there's the part numbers you'll need going of what I can see in the pics of your engine and what's listed for the Phase 2 on gti6. £58 +vat!

pieces 8 and 9 however are just the overbraided large bore vacuum hose so you can substitute these for ones sourced elsewhere.

Spiky

didnt think it made sense..lol

that one does though :wacko:

Fox

Thats better! Does pipe #13 go to the cam one then? Is 9 blocked off?

I might get away just getting no 10

M@tt

if you get stuck i'm sure i've got some spare vacuum hose i can send you, i won't be able to send it till friday though as i'm away till then. Drop me a pm if you haven't soreted anythign before then.

Spiky

9 to cam

13 is blanked (on mine)

8 to inlet

and 8 to brake servo

welshpug

no 9 goes to the vacuum pump, left hand no8 goes to No14 which is connected to the inlet, No13 is a 15mm long blanking piece.

second No8 on the right goes to the metal pipe on the bulkhead, you could dispense with that and connect your servo hose there.

M@tt

i think you'll need

10, 13, 14

and the rest can be done with some vacuum hose

Fox

Sweet, cheers for clearing that up chaps, its hard when your missing bits to work out whats ment to go where!

Matt Holley

Is there any real reason for the vacum hose coming off the inlet manifold? whats it for, I am using carbs on mine so just use a hose from the pump to the servo, does the pump use vacum from the inlet to add extra vacum for the servo?

Spiky

is it used to advance the cam?

Matt Holley
is it used to advance the cam?

No the cams just drives the pump.

Spiky

ok, didnt know what it was for...lol

Ron_Jaegers

I have a question about the vacuum pump on a S16 lump as well. I'm planning on running without servo-assistance on the brakes (with a pedal box, hi Spiky :wacko:). Does this mean I can ditch the vacuum pump. How do I block of the feed of oil from the cam, just jam it up with a bearing and cover the hole in the waterhousing with a plate?

Miles

I use just the pump, All Derv's do as well

Spiky
I have a question about the vacuum pump on a S16 lump as well. I'm planning on running without servo-assistance on the brakes (with a pedal box, hi Spiky :wacko:). Does this mean I can ditch the vacuum pump. How do I block of the feed of oil from the cam, just jam it up with a bearing and cover the hole in the waterhousing with a plate?

on mine i just blanked off the outlet that was going to the servo, and the pump is still plumbed into the inlet manifold

and also i not forgotten about you :blush: my track day at donny was cancelled :(

but going to oulton park on the 17th of jan, and will test the pedal box then :wacko:

Fox

Good news! Look what i found hung up neatly in the garage last night! I don't remember it being on the engine, and its not on the engine in the photos I took when I got it, So I assume it must have been loose with the other bits.

Image311.jpg

Unless someone snuck in and put one there...

Saved my self some money anyway!

I'm such a tit

Sign in to follow this