• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
iamjackiechan

Rebuilding Bottom End

iamjackiechan

hi

ive just starting rebuilding my iron block mi engine and i got the crank shaft in then when putting the flywheel side, end plate i noticed plasticy seals, should i replace this or reuse with abit of silicone sealent.

and then with the larger end plate there was no seal but looked like some sealent had been used before should i just do the same again.

cheers

will

Rom

Ive not stripped an iron block, but id hazard a guess it uses seals like the alloy block.

Im sure Welshpug will be along with the part numbers !! Im not great with service box :huh:

If this is the case, id use new seals, there only cheap.

Sorry i cant give a definate answer...

Edited by Rom

iamjackiechan

i suppose it doesnt hurt to replace them, im just living up to the student reputation of being a cheap arse.

if someone has the part number and a price that would be cool.

another question, when i took the bottom end apart there was no sump gasket is this normal.

cheers

will

Sandy

Do you mean the black hockey sticks? 012705 87p each. The sump is sealed with just sealer if it's an alloy sumped engine. Loctite 5699 is ideal.

Edited by Sandy

iamjackiechan

yea they kind of look like that, except they have a hole at the right angled end to slot into a pointy bit on the bottom of the plate. (pretty good descriptions huh)

iamjackiechan

does anyone have these part numbers or prices

welshpug

You mean the ones that Sandy posted up?

iamjackiechan

sorry, me being a bell end

thanks for the help

Death_Machine

hey if ur near london try middlesex rebore in mill hill very help full and know their stuff got all machines skimmers ect and i got my head rebuild done there valve guilds and stem seals no leaks or smoke top job!!!

Death_Machine

opps

Sign in to follow this