• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

1 Touch Windows Out Of A 205

cRaig

Hey there, Im pretty sure this topic has been covered before, but apologies, I cant find it with the search function,

There is currently a 405 with auto windows in the local scrapyard, I'm just wondering how easy is it to fit to a 205 GTi, if anyone has done it before, how much of the wiring needs replacing, or is it simply a case of adding the extra door loom.

Thanks

Craig

welshpug

I think you need the relay/control box, but that's screwed to the back of the doorcard in the drivers door anyway, so I would imagine it being pretty straightforward to fit into a 205.

mattbenselin

Hi mate I had the same idea but removed my wiring and switches from a Citroen ?X. There are obviously the switches you need but also the entire wiring loom for them from the door(s) including a small box which is the controller. Once your back at home with your 205 you will find there different plugs etc. but it's not hard to work out which goes where as the controller needs power and earth and so on. I got my multimeter out and tested all the original wires and labelled them then did the same with the new loom and box and spliced them together.

Alternatively!...if you can find a Renault 19 or similar they had 'one' touch windows but the entire system is within the switch itself and simply plugs into the standard 205 switch plug. I found a pair of these and it was a much simpler conversion as they fit right in.

If you need any more info on wiring I can have a look at what I did but it was a long time ago so I can't say off the top of my head.

cRaig

Thanks for the replies :P

I'll have a look on ebay/ the scrappies to see if there are any renault 19's around. If not I might take the doorcards off the 405 and have a look at the wiring

pete1986

I have renault 19 window switches in mine. Didnt have to swap anything apart from the switches. Although i had to trim a bit of plastic off so that the plugs would fit in the back. Heres a photo to show you what they are like

post-9108-1230930050.jpg