• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tidypug

Thinking About Upgrading My Brakes.

tidypug

I've got 306 brakes fitted at the moment but feel that 4 pots would be the way to go. Does anyone have any experience with any makes? Brembos and Aps are well out of my price range so was looking into Hi-spec brakes or some Willwood ones.

I want to keep the original wheels so i don't know what will fit under them.

Any info is much apreciated

Goliath

I think you can fit 406 v6 brombo 4-pots with a bit of fiddling, I think you need to space the wheels out a few mm to run 15" wheels. Also you need to space the caliper out about 5 mm from the hub.

Could be worth a shot though as you can get them pretty cheap second hand.

Rippthrough

The forged Wilwoods are pretty good, prefer them over the hispecs by miles.

There's a list of loads of 4 pot conversions available to fit the 306/205 etc Here

Edited by Rippthrough

tidypug

thanks for that, i see that Welly from the forum has made up some mounting brackets for the Willwoods. Do you know if there are any of the brackets left? Also do you know if they fit under the 205 wheels ok?

Rippthrough

Don't know on the 205 gti wheel front - but I think he does have a couple of kits left, or he did a few weeks back when I was talking to him about 'em.

Edited by Rippthrough

tidypug

I've just sent him a pm so we'll see. If they have gone how would i go about getting the required brackets for the caliper? Is there a kit that you can get off the shelf?

Rippthrough

Pretty sure he can get some more off his supplier if the need arose :D;)

Don't think postage would be an issue :lol:

Edited by Rippthrough

tidypug

He;s just got back to me, he's got a few kits left still. I just need to know now wether they will fit under the standard wheels. Are you still making the spacers? Also i'd need longer bolts, were do you think i could get those from as the pug wheels have an odd design.

Rippthrough
He;s just got back to me, he's got a few kits left still. I just need to know now wether they will fit under the standard wheels. Are you still making the spacers? Also i'd need longer bolts, were do you think i could get those from as the pug wheels have an odd design.

Still doing the spacers yes, trying to finish the ones off for the people who have the kit already over christmas, someone found someone on ebay doing extended bolts in one of the threads somewhere.

tidypug

nice one i'll have a look for it tomorrow. How much are you knocking the spacers out for?

Rippthrough

£45 plus a fiver postage for a pair of hubcentrics.

Might come out a bit cheaper when I tot up the machine time but no more than that.

I've the spare bracket and I think a spare spacer here somewhere you can have a nosey at at the next s.yorks meet if you like.

Edited by Rippthrough

tidypug

nice one, thats not a bad price, at least i can save on postage. I'm off from work until the new year so could pop around to have a look if thats ok with you. I want to try to get the ball rolling.

Edited by tidypug

Rippthrough
nice one, thats not a bad price, at least i can save on postage. I'm off from work until the new year so could pop around to have a look if thats ok with you. I want to try to get the ball rolling.

Aye, not a problem, have to sort something out after christmas.

weejimmy

any one got more info on the 807 v6 four pot brembos?

Edited by weejimmy

Rippthrough

Nothing bar what's already up there :)

kyepan

the standard willwood polymatrix pads eat discs, but you can get mintex ones.

i guess you're going for 4 pots because they will be alloy billet calipers and alloy bells, if so i had my eye on one of the alcon setups, they looked nice but have not had any experience with them personally.

cheers

J

tidypug

The main reason for going down the Willwood route was that someone on the 306 forum has made a bracket that lets you use the standard 306 discs, and fit under 15" wheels with a spacer used on the wheels. No one knows how much of a spacer is needed for 205 1.9 alloys though

Sign in to follow this