• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matty_gti

1.6 With A 1.9 Crank

vickiw106

Will doing this decrease the cc of the engine

I maybe wrong but I was talking to a friend that runs a 1.9 rally car and he is under the impression that the diameter of the 1.9 and 1.6 pistons and liners are different to obtain the 1900 cc

also I am currently running a 1600 rally car on carbs and a grp a head, do you think firstly there will be enough clearance on the valves/piston and also will the 1600 dizzy work or will I have to run a 1900 dizzy.

Edited by vickiw106

welshpug

no, its purely the different stroke and length of conrod that makes the difference in capacity, the liners and pistons are exactly the same diameter.

As for clearance it depends what entails a "group A" head, for the dizzy you really would need a modified one to make the most of the engine, or fit mappable management.

vickiw106
no, its purely the different stroke and length of conrod that makes the difference in capacity, the liners and pistons are exactly the same diameter.

As for clearance it depends what entails a "group A" head, for the dizzy you really would need a modified one to make the most of the engine, or fit mappable management.

Ok

Correct me if I’m wrong

So basically what we are saying to run a 1900 engine with 1600 pistons with modified dizzy

My group a head is ported polished big valves piper grp a cam and skimmed to increase cr (don’t know how much though)

Sign in to follow this