• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
custard-rallye

How Low

custard-rallye

how low can the back of my 205 rallye go with 195/45/15 tyres without touching the bumper?

welshpug

they shouldn't touch the bumper at all.

why 195 45 though? that profile is too low for a 205, they should be 185 55 or at worst 195 50.

bensonmi
they shouldn't touch the bumper at all.

why 195 45 though? that profile is too low for a 205, they should be 185 55 or at worst 195 50.

195 45 give better clearence especially with 309 beam,still wont touch the bumper on 15s. 195 50s smooth out the bumps better and have nicer flex when cornering my next set will be 195 50s

bensonmi
195 45 give better clearence especially with 309 beam,still wont touch the bumper on 15s. 195 50s smooth out the bumps better and have nicer flex when cornering my next set will be 195 50s

i wouldnt take it tooo low, it gets annoying having to stop to pic up your exhaust of the road every time a pebble rips it off!! 50mm should be good 40mm is sensible tho

custard-rallye

i dont have standard wheels i have 6j compomotive th's at the rear and 7j ones at the front thats why i have 45's

welshpug

6j is the same as standard wheels, 7j you would want a 50 profile to keep a good sidewall or they tend to have chunks out of them due to being too low.

custard-rallye

i will only be lowering the rear 40mm as i have spax all round to put on the springs are only 35mm as im led to believe this is the best handling height?? well it is on a 106

bensonmi
i will only be lowering the rear 40mm as i have spax all round to put on the springs are only 35mm as im led to believe this is the best handling height?? well it is on a 106

i think that should be right for a road set up,specially if you use bumpy roads it leaves you with enough suspension travel to iron out the bumps,too low gets a bit dodgy unless the roads are perfectly smooth

custard-rallye

lol where i live im lucky to have roads in other words im in the middle of nowhere so smooth roads are somthing i dont have but fun yes

bensonmi
lol where i live im lucky to have roads in other words im in the middle of nowhere so smooth roads are somthing i dont have but fun yes

should be ideal then! id rather twisty roads to smooth roads any day,lukily i live on the side of a mountain plenty of good roads!

Jrod

It's a rallye so a base model shell, thus 6j is not standard.

Sign in to follow this