• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bensonmi

Incar Fuel And Brake Lines

bensonmi

im planning on running the lines inside the car,just after advice on what pipes to use i.e braided or copper,where from,what length to buy and what sort of price??

also,whats the best route?straight through the middle or along the sides of the car? any tips you'v got basicly please! :ph34r:

large

Copper is fine for the brake lane but you have to use braided for the fuel. apart from that do what you want.

djinuk

i thought about running braided fuel lines through the car for my gti6 conversion, do you have to buy fancy connectors , or a decent tight jubiless sufficiant, also what do mot say about runnning fuel line through the car.

large

I have used jubiless and have had no problems with the MOT.

philfingers

jubilee clips are fine for road rallying but if you want an RAC logbook then you'll need to have proper bulkhead connectors which are expensive and you cannot use jubilee clips inside the cabin, but if you connect under the rear seat and don't have a joint in the cabin then that's ok. You could use hardline tubing from james lister motorsport, it's not very expensive

Phil

Miles

Personally I would use braded lines with Goodridge fitting's, not the cheapest option, Mine just cost £250.00. The idea of hose clip's inside the cabin with a high pressure fuel pump does't work for me, I know the chance of them coming off is remote but it does happen and being sprayed in Fuel isn;t the best thing!!

jtek

Miles, have you got a list of the stuff you got to do yours? I am planning on it in a month or two but it would be good to see how someone else has done it!

Mikey S
i thought about running braided fuel lines through the car for my gti6 conversion, do you have to buy fancy connectors , or a decent tight jubiless sufficiant, also what do mot say about runnning fuel line through the car.

make sure its properly clipped and out of harms way (i.e down the centre of the car) and it will be fine for the mot. they wont tolerate fuel lines or brake pipes that are flopping around the car unsecurely.

Guest p whack

this is what i wish to do in the near future as well

Jrod

I slid the copper brake hose inside fuel pipe, helped protect it.

Miles

Yes and no, the list is a page long as every item, Fuel Rail, Filter and pressure Reg had different thread's

VisaGTi16v

If you compete or plan to one day, ensure the lines at the very least run inside of the roll cage legs else you will fail scruitineering on the basis that they could be squashed and therefore split in an impact (relevant for on the road as well)

Sign in to follow this