• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest rmilbank

Engine Recognition

Guest rmilbank

How are you able to identify the different TU engines?

Currently i have an injection bottom end (cast iron) with a carb head. I have an alloy block sitting in the garage and the injection head. Will these go together? The carb head i have on currently has a dodgy vavle seat and has shocking idle problems.

Im lead to believe the XS head has bigger vavles?

Any help greatly appreciated!!

GazRallye

The bottom ends usually have a plate on them, on the RH (looking at the front of the engine) near the hole for locking the flywheel in place. The heads have the number stamped on them, can't remember exactly where but I remember mine saying TU3s on it.

Can't help you with the other questions, might help if you can identify what block/head they are and people might be able to give you a more definitive answer.

RossD

The 205 XS didn't have bigger valves, but the 106 XSi did. The 106 1.3 Rallye, 1.4 XSi and 1.6 XSi TU heads are all pretty much the same.

burr_2000

The 205 xs had a better camshaft than the ordinary 1.4 205 but like what has been said the 106 xsi and 106 rallye heads are so a much better performance wise. You would really need to find codes because that alloy block you have could be from anything. If you were to add the injection head you could have a few problems to overcome, like compression issues and fueling.

Guest rmilbank

Ok i have some numbers=

The alloy block has the following numbers- *1F 6IG* *633002*

The iron block has the following numbers- *10FV0A* *0189377*

The head from the Alloy blocked engine has the following numbers- *9602267310* this one has no 3S stamp.

The head from the Iron blocked engine has the following numbers- *9610923210* this one has a 3S stamp.

Whats involved to fit a rallye or xsi head?

drmo
Ok i have some numbers=

The alloy block has the following numbers- *1F 6IG* *633002*

The iron block has the following numbers- *10FV0A* *0189377*

The head from the Alloy blocked engine has the following numbers- *9602267310* this one has no 3S stamp.

The head from the Iron blocked engine has the following numbers- *9610923210* this one has a 3S stamp.

Whats involved to fit a rallye or xsi head?

To fit rallye or xsi head you need:

- custom manifold or adapters for the carb manifold

- fill the holes for injectors in the head

You will have a problem with the camshaft, becouse the rallye/xsi cam has big bearings, and xs has small bearings. The rallye/xsi cams don't have a excentrical roller for the mechanical pump. You will be better with TU5JP (306 1.6 8v) head that has small bearings and you can fit your xs/gt camshaft.

Guest rmilbank

Will the cylinder head with the 3S marking be ok for the carb?

Sorry to be a pain!!

swordfish210

yes

Sign in to follow this