• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Which 306 Rear Dampers?

M@tt

I need to replace my rear dampers on my 205 and think i'm going to go with some 306 ones as these seem to be quite well rated having read several threads, however i could not find any mention of a particular brand or part number, i'm suspecting Bilstein but would appreicatite some guidance.

The roads round me are massively bumpy and my AVO's have just been too hard so i'm after something firm but not too stiff and by the sounds of it these 306 dampers will fit the bill.

Cheers

welshpug

o.e 306 dampers from sport level and some 5 door models use the same fat damper as the P2 1.9 gti (5206 K6) circa £36 each new.

I ditched the Bilstein streetlines (those soft skinny black ones) for some second hand originals off a 306 and it transformed the feel of the car, far more stable and planted, without being harsh.

Edited by welshpug

Batfink

306 b4 OEM dampers are part number BNE-1931

There are another version for the SW (BNE-B313) which will be slightly stiffer due to the difference in weight.

The b6 rear dampers are 30% uprated over the standard part.

Kev

Edited by Batfink

M@tt

are theose b4 ones the ones that everyone say are s*ite and worse than the originals?

welshpug

BNE 1931 I'm sure are the ones sold as the streetline rears for the 205 as well, so if the B6 is 30% uprated over those, they would be pretty close to standard sport level dampers :)

Batfink

a number of people on the forum have fitted 306 rear dampers - possibly even bilstein so they will no doubt comment shortly on which part number they went for.

Batfink

205 gti B6 sports are B46-1039 and are the only one listed for mk2 1.9gti

Wouldnt surprise me if these are what are fitted for the motorsport setup (have a set at work but not there till later so can't confirm)

BNE-1931 (b4's) is listed for the early model 205 gti but not for later Mk2 models for some reason so there may have been a revision in what they thought was suitable for the car.

We can at least rule our you dont want the BNE-1931's :)

I'd try the other 306 ones if I had a little money to gamble..

I wonder if 405 ones are similar..will look now ;)

Edited by Batfink

welshpug

ahh Interesting Mr Batfink, what is listed for the later GTis?

405 isnt similar, longer dampers and larger mounting bolts ;) though if you can price some up that'd be awesome, not all of us run the Mi in the wrong shell .... :)

Edited by welshpug

Batfink

I can sort a price :)

I had a look at the 309 gti16 too but they only list the b4 units (and the same b6 sports)

For all the late model gti's they only list the b6 sport kit

fronts are V36-0546 and V36-0545, and rears B46-1039

Looks to me if the original kit was developed on the lower model chassis then they realised the gti ran higher spec dampers

just double checked the part numbers and the rears for the motorsport setup are B46-1038 so are different.

M@tt

so you think the (B6 sports B46-1039) are the ones to go for?

and they're definitely not the motorsport ones as my gut instinct would be that these are possibly too stiff?

M@tt

well according to servicebox 5206 K6 rock in at £44.36 each inc VAT

I've just phoned SEL Imperial near me which stock genuine peugeot and citroen parts and they do them for £33.99 each!! got a pair of those oerdered and collect them on friday :lol:

Miles

the book of Bilstein tells different things by the look of it, I've got 1039's for all Models start to finish, odd thing is but i know they fit is that the GTi strut with the drop link mount is listed for the CTi's and basic model's for the B6's, The group N's are 1038's or 2313 which I don;t think you can get anymore.

jengis
well according to servicebox 5206 K6 rock in at £44.36 each inc VAT

I've just phoned SEL Imperial near me which stock genuine peugeot and citroen parts and they do them for £33.99 each!! got a pair of those oerdered and collect them on friday B)

I found the genuine pug "K6" rear damper (same part no. for 205 GTi / 306 2.0's etc.) to be the best ride/taughtness compromise on a standard beam.

Bilstein B4/streetline are too soft - avoid. Bilstein B6's (more suited to uprated rear beams perhaps?) are a good damper though.

jord294

i've just bought a pair of 5206 K6s from local main dealer

£38 - 15% discount

i hope they are as good as many people say, as these are going on my 309 gti B)

Sign in to follow this