• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest liamcafs

My New Toy

Guest liamcafs

Hello,

First post here so I am a bit nervous I guess!

I am building a 7 replica but until thats finished I decided to get a pug 205 to go hill climbing in.

So I am the proud owner of a J reg 1.6 Gti with an Mi16 up front. This car is semi road rally prepped though still road legal. Apparantly has 306 diesel rear beam.

It is devastatingly fast and the road holding is awesome, the drive home was a lot of fun!

I haven't had a chance to deploy the Mk1 eyeball yet, the car is at my buddies and the weather is rubbish. So I am thinking it might be good to at least know what to expect when I finetooth the car. I know what people will say I should have done all this before I bought the car BUT is was a great price and drives so well I couldn't help myself.

I do need some help though, I found a piece of paper in with the box of documents which appears to list the mods done to the car during 2006.

The list is barely legible after becoming wet at some point and the bold type is all the info I have.

1 Rollcage installed all is well here, I have since found the OMP cert for the 6 point cage.

2 kyb ultra shocks 280 pounds I have searched on here and these appear to be slightly better spec than standard, at 280 quid would that be all round or just the fronts?

3 250lb challenge springs This bit is really badly damaged, I think thats what it says. An idea what a challenge spring is?

4 cam LAD Motorsport Gr A I assume this is an aftermarket cam, anyone recognise its description?

As a final comment I would appreciate any advice on suspension advice, ie is it worth upgrading from the current setup. Or any general setup tips for sprints.

Many Thanks

Liam Mc

Miles

Hello and welcome to start with, I'm sure you'll got lost with the replies and any search's you may do as there's allot of info, the only thing I will say is be careful of what you take on board as something's can be miss leading

But to start with I doubt it's fitted with a 306 beam as the mounting point's are different and will have the rear steer they have which isn;t good for track work.

On the spring's this is where the point I said about being careful, description's cna be vague to say the least and very open, a challenge spring is just used in the 205 challenge meaning nothing really but if it's got a spring rate stamped on it hopefully it's uprated. The KYB's again I have never had any experance with but are just a std replacement damper

The LAD cam could be one of there special's French spec which I believe from a couple of people which have looked at this is the std Peugeot 1.9 cam

Guest liamcafs

Many Thanks for the reply

I am slowly becoming familiar with the site and finding out lots of info, awesome!

Sign in to follow this