• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Craigo

Drivers Side Rear Brake Lines, 1.6 Gti!

Craigo

ok, after my previous post, which was hub removal!

i have replaced the brake cylinder, and copper brake line from the flexi to the brake cylinder on the drivers side rear of my 1.6 gti, and have tried to bleed the fluid through with no success. wheels on the floor in the air it does not matter. fluid will come through the passengers side fine, so the problem has to be after the T piece splitter from the main brake line that runs down the car and then splits off for the two sides!

when i initially changed the brake cylinder, i clamped the flexi hose with a small G clamp to stop fluid dripping out, in doing this do we think i have crushed the pipe causing a blockage?

it must be a blockage of some type, i just dont know how to find out where it is!! anyone help?

it has been suggested by a mechanic friend, to take the copper hose off from the T piece and use an air line to blow down the brake line to try and clear the blockage, but i dont have a compressor! :blush:

thanks in advance

craig

Craigo

205brakelines.jpg

here is a crude drawing of my problem!!

the blue lines are fine, with fluid freely flowing!

its the red line where we have no fluid! :blush:

Miles

Remove the pipes and check they flow OK, Replace faulty pipe or remove blockage, Nothing else you can do

Craigo

ok cool, thought it would come to that!! the unions look very rusty and the join above the beam looks a right barsteward to get too! :blush: wish me luck!!

Tom Fenton

The t piece above the beam IS awkward, I'd recommend you get a new t piece and new brake lines ready before you take it to bits as chances are you may have to cut most of it to get it off.

Craigo
The t piece above the beam IS awkward, I'd recommend you get a new t piece and new brake lines ready before you take it to bits as chances are you may have to cut most of it to get it off.

:blush: oh great, shall look forward to doing that tomorrow then

CosKev

Before you rip the T piece off just remove the flexi and see if you can get fluid out of the metal pipe B)

I would guess you have put too much pressure on the flexi clamping it and fooked it :)

:lol:

Craigo
Before you rip the T piece off just remove the flexi and see if you can get fluid out of the metal pipe B)

I would guess you have put too much pressure on the flexi clamping it and fooked it :)

:lol:

i do think that is favourite, as it was fine before that, lol!! will be out on it this afternoon as the seat rails are gettin welded in as well!! ;)

Craigo

update, yup it was the flexi!! didnt have to mess with the T piece, got the flexi off no worries, and a new one is on and bled up! :)

Sign in to follow this