• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
custard-rallye

Spax Suspension?

custard-rallye

i recently won some spax springs and shocks for £84 on ebay are they any good on a 205?

Tom Fenton

They are not as bad as everyone else will have you believe (my opinion)

craig f90

Ive had them. And i liked them. My cousin swears by them.

cherry_red

I got some Spax rsx coiovers on the front and they seem to be fine. Have heard people praise Bilstein shocks, so not using Spax on the rear. The price you paid seems pretty good to me, are they leaking oil?

custard-rallye
I got some Spax rsx coiovers on the front and they seem to be fine. Have heard people praise Bilstein shocks, so not using Spax on the rear. The price you paid seems pretty good to me, are they leaking oil?

not sure yet havnt got them yet but they guy said they arnt and he seemed genuine enough on the phone so fingers crossed

dirtdog

I've heard the billy rears are down right dangerous!

custard-rallye

in what way to hard for normal roads or?

Miles

That is the std Bilstein replacement OE damper's, Any other upwards from that model are fine and work very well,

Depending on which Spax kit it is will relate to how good it is, The RSX are not that bad, I was shocked

Batfink

spax springs and the basic range of dampers (adjustable and non adjustable) are utter garbage - i've had them all and i'll never buy again.

The RSX kits seem to get better reviews

johnnyboy666

does anybody know if spax offer refurbishment of the adjustables? any idea on price or how to go about it? just that i have a set of fronts and although the right one seems fine, the left one is stuck on the softest setting which is far to soft, especially as its on the 'roundabout side' resulting in constant tyre/arch scraping :lol:

Bakes100

I just replaced my spax fixed rate front suspension with gaz coilovers.... the spax setup was absolutely horrendous, the springs were way too soft and the damping was terrible, it couldnt absorb any small bumps and if you hit a bump mid corner the car chose its own path.

It now feels like a totally different car.

dirtdog

how do you mean its stuck? give it a good hiding and it'll soon budge (i think!). probably just seized up a little

johnnyboy666
how do you mean its stuck? give it a good hiding and it'll soon budge (i think!). probably just seized up a little

sorry should have been a little more specific- the adjuster doesnt work basically it turns but doesnt make any difference, leaving me with one soft damper and one hard one! (or two soft ones to try to compensate)

Sign in to follow this