• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

pip470

[Engine_Work] N/a Fwd Drag Pug Project

opticaltrigger

Hi Phill,

Just come by your build thread here and I love it.Great project mate.

Im a drag fan myself and I'm very interested in the different chassis dynamics involved with FWD.My racing days were years ago and it was all RWD,but the world of FWD drag racing seems to have really come on in the last ten years.

I'm sure you must be all over it yourself, but it's theese FWD 60 foot times that I'm really interested in and how you can improve the chassis to get it down.

I watched your dyno run video.Very nice...Where was the test cell that you had it done in? Looks like a decent setup there.

Anyway, I'm gona keep watching this one so please keep the updates coming.

If we manage to get the turbo project car car up to the Pod this year be great to see you run mate.Good luck with the racing.

All the very best

O.T.

pip470

Just a quick update, I will hopefully have the car on the road and ready for the fast show in April.

20151119_143906_zpsdxcwdpoe.jpg

20151119_155733_zpsijnpykgo.jpg

O.T i wrote a reply but it logged me out and i lost what I wrote. I would love to see the turbo at the pod. April maybe?

opticaltrigger

Horrible when that happens,it's happened to me to but never mind.The car looks the business mate.

All the best

O.T.

calvinhorse

Very very tidy! Keep the updates coming!!

johniban

loving reading through this one

pip470

Car made it into this month's pic. Well chuffed especially as it was my go who wrote it and got it contact with them. After 15 years sticking with me I also proposed to her and she said yes. Been a very good month.

Just to finish the head and get it on the engine again next week.

post-8104-0-15390600-1474741492_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

dcc

Yay!! Awesome :)

calvinhorse

Double congratulations Phil! :)

pip470

20170302_205712_zpsi8fjeotz.jpg

Engine is now back together and timed up.

Still lots to do.

No time to be dynoed again.

Will be taking it to fast show untested so if your going give me a shout.

• Like 1

pip470

20170302_205712_zpsi8fjeotz.jpg

Engine is now back together and timed up.

Still lots to do.

No time to be dynoed again.

Will be taking it to fast show untested so if your going give me a shout.

• Like 1

pip470

So first outing was the fast show, very busy show. Best time was a 13.2 @108 and a 2.2 60ft. I struggled so much to get the power down. The rear was squatting hard and the front was lifting. So when i returned a phone cal was made to torsion performance and decided on some 28mm torsion bars. They were a pig to fit but when fitted to all the new powder coated beam i was really happy and i returned to the pod again. Testing began with the same road tires as before and the outcome was pretty much the same with regards the time. the rear does not squat but the front lifts to its maximum on acceleration.

I did however take my slicks and for the first time ever i gave them ago. A little bit nervouse i approached the line and left gingerly and the car just seem to hook. result was a 12.9.

I then left a little harder and resulted in a new pb of 12.69. Buzzing with that i went straight back round, it seemed the it could take the launch no matter what i gave it and sure enough another pb of 12.59.

I then did a couple of passenger runs as ive had a lot of support with this car and wanted to give back. I really enjoyed seeing their reaction.

I had 1 last run left and with a bit of practice i gave it more of the line., it hooked and pushed me back in my seat, a 1.8 60ft and a final pb of 12.44 @108.

Going forward i still want to get the 60fts down to 1.6 and i have a few ideas, one being limit straps on the front suspension and also having a full suspension set up. getting it corner weighted and tracking right whilst launching.

I made a short vid so if you have time please take a look.

https://youtu.be/0OM5D0s-1kw

Also if you have facebook please follow my page on https://www.facebook.com/Rapid-Rattler-Racing-170432749676548/?fref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/Rapid-Rattler-Racing-170432749676548/?fref=nf

many thanks Phill

andy0075

Nice car and engine build. Hope you will see 11:xx soon!

• Like 1

dcc

It wont be long! Phil is commited to that 205!!

• Thanks 1

pip470

Hello everyone, it’s been a while but I thought I’d update you with a little video. 
The car is still racing and my current pb is 11.4 @118 mph

I will update this thread with some pics as I’m sure it’s changed abit since the last update. It’s great to see all the old names still posting too amazing forum. 

• Like 1

barneys66

Amazing, great effort!  Best update your signature too then ;)

pip470

Thank you barneys66. 
I have no idea what my signature says and can’t seem to find it anywhere. It’s been a while on this forum. Doh

i think I found it, changed it but I can’t see it.  Thank you 

Edited by pip470
Updated

barneys66
23 hours ago, pip470 said:

Thank you barneys66. 
I have no idea what my signature says and can’t seem to find it anywhere. It’s been a while on this forum. Doh

i think I found it, changed it but I can’t see it.  Thank you 

Think it only appears when you view the forum on a pc, not your phone, but yes now updated from the sluggish 12-odd seconds it was before :D

• Like 1

16v205

Hey Phil, I'm glad your still going with this.

I was impressed with runs in the 13's, 12's is amazing and 11.4 is just phenomenal. 

I'd love to see your car in action one day.

• Thanks 1

pip470

Newest video here. Spoiler, new pb of 11.2  at 119

• Like 1

Tom Fenton
5 hours ago, pip470 said:

Newest video here. Spoiler, new pb of 11.2  at 119

Bloody fast that pal well done. Best I ever did in the mini was 11.12@125, I’d say you’ve got that well in your sights now!

Carl did a 10.83 in the twin engined car in the 90’s!!!

pip470

Thanks Tom.   I feel like the last time out was the best it’s got in this set up. I’m going to need to save up for a dog box I think to achieve the 10 with this power.