• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Waddell

Eccentric Top Mounts

Gavin Waddell

i fitted eccentric top mounts to mz 205 and need to set up the camber on them, so i was wondering if any one had photos of how they are set up so i can get them troughlz in the right position and the tweak them.

THanks gavin

MerlinGTI

They the GAZ ones or the compbrake ones?

Your not going to get much sucess just by copying someone elses setup dude, it depends on so much stuff (current wear and tear, bent bits, ride height etc...)

as a rough guide though (with a -40mm drop & GAZ top mounts) whilst standing at the front of the car:

almost all the way back to the bulkhead, centered horizontally = standard camber

both cloest to engine = - 1.5 deg camber

Bear in mind this is extremely vauge guesswork (once transfered to your car). Also you will need your tracking done afterwards. Going from -1.5 deg to standard put my toe in by 40+ minutes.

Your best bet would be take the car to a large bodyshop (accident repair) and tell them what camber you want and 0 the toe :huh:

philfingers

roughly on my 309 which had PTS coilovers at std rideheight I set them so they were in the direction of the centre (handbrake) of the car. ie for instance drivers side (viewed from the front above) was in the 1.30 position (or 45deg technically). This gave about 1.3- 1.5deg -ve from memory. Interestingly set both sides at the same setting and when i had it all checked on a 4 wheel alignment they were both very close for castor and camber (side to side that is!)

Spiky

its really up to you,

below is a few options for you

drivers side @ 2 o'clock gives balance between castor and camber

passenger side @ 10 o'clock gives balance between castor and camber

drivers side at 3 o'clock gives maximum camber

Passenger side at 9 o'clock gives maximum camber

drivers and passenger at 12 o'clock gives maximum castor

i'm going to start with option two, making my way to option 1

Gavin Waddell

I have mine at set at about 2 ahd 10 o clock and the steering is really heavy and i mean really heavy and doent self centre, before i had standard top moutnts and it was fine. Every thing on thevin car is new from peugeot, the only thing i need to change is the wishbones as ive had the car for 8 years now and ive never done the balljoints.

Gavin

I have mine at set at about 2 ahd 10 o clock and the steering is really heavy and i mean really heavy and doent self centre, before i had standard top moutnts and it was fine. Every thing on thevin car is new from peugeot, the only thing i need to change is the wishbones as ive had the car for 8 years now and ive never done the balljoints.

Gavin

engine killer

I cannot remember whether I have posted these pics before, but I think these will further elaborate the commonly used eccentric top mount. Providing better camber adjustment while not affecting too much on castor, but you need a good welder.

205Rallee

Anybody know what bolts I need to mount the compbrake eccentric topmounts to the car?

d-9

m8 by 30mm or so iirc.

Sign in to follow this