• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Quigs

207 Gti Brakes

Quigs

well as the topic says really, just wondering has anyone tried to fit them to a 205 gti and will they fit.

i've been offered the brakes for £40.

Quigs

Quigs

anyone have any idea's?

Quigs

timmsy19

think ive seen somwhere on here before that they wont fit with ease but with a bit of work they might go on

16" or 17" wheels needed though i think

Henry Yorke

I think they are bigger than 283mm so you wil need some motorsport 15's or larger normal wheel. They may be a little overkill, but would look nice.

Quigs

i've got 16' alloys on the car now so i think they will fit in the alloy, yeah prob a bit over kill but the price is right and they will be on my 205 Dimma turbo which will be over 200bhp.

thanks for the help.

Quigs

Henry Yorke

Worth it at that price as they will be pretty new and have quite a bit of life in them. Gen pads and discs too which are pretty good I found

M@tt

the 207 gti (175bhp EP6DTS engine code) has 302mm discs which are too big for standard speedlines but if you've got 16's you might be ok.

however certain 207's (150bhp EP6DT enine code) have the same 283mm discs as the 307 HDI which is what i have on mine and these do fit

HTH

Edited by M@tt

Henry Yorke

I thought they were bigger. I guess you would need to run the GTI6 master cylinder with those beasties. I guess they will just bolt on if the standard 150bhp GTI ones are the same as 307 283mm ones, as we know they fit (assuming a 1.9 hub is used)

cybernck

those brakes are found on 307 CC 180 too, 302x26 discs, so you can actually use these discs

with spaced out 206/307 calipers or indeed with the proper (and larger looking) 307/207 calipers.

i've got a pair of these discs for that very reason as it happens :lol:.

i'd be interested to find out the caliper piston size on the 207 brakes though... any ideas?

i'm expecting them to be larger than 54 mm.

Quigs

i have measured the brakes and they are 283mm disc's and the piston size is about 54mm, so i'm guessing they should fit time will tell though.

Quigs

Sign in to follow this