• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hcmini1989

Megajolt V4 And Cps

hcmini1989

right just bought a megajolt ecu from trigr wheels to use on my mi16 so i can run carbs and was wondering if anyone had used the existing flywheel pickup sensor instead of using a trigger wheel allso can anyone give me a wiring diagram for using the ford coil pack and edis module im a bit of a newbie to this so any help would ne great

Anthony

Will the newer versions of Megajolt run a 60-2 flywheel? I've not looked into Megajolt recently, but certainly it only ever used to be able to run 36-1 (ie Ford/EDIS) due to it being so heavily integrated/reliant on EDIS, hence the need for a trigger wheel.

hcmini1989
Will the newer versions of Megajolt run a 60-2 flywheel? I've not looked into Megajolt recently, but certainly it only ever used to be able to run 36-1 (ie Ford/EDIS) due to it being so heavily integrated/reliant on EDIS, hence the need for a trigger wheel.

ok after alot of reading i think ill have to buy a trigger wheel aswell as i cant find any 60 2 sensors or any ifo at all really

thanks all

hexhamstu

ive read quite abit now but havent actually got megajolt but you def need a trigger wheel and sensor because the ford stuff wont run on a 60-2

bren_1.3

will stick what ive got up tomorrow afternoon, as its on the other computer. should give you the wiring diagrams in a PDF format. pretty easy to follow....

hcmini1989

thanks alot anybody got any pics or ideas about the trigger wheel and whats the easiest way of finding tdc on no1 cyl i thought maybe through the sparkplug hole or take the rc off and look at the cams all help much apreciated

pug_ham

Trigger wheels info.

With regards to finding #1 cylinder tdc, there should be a tab on the gearbox & factory markings on the flywheel which correspond to TDC but in honesty seeing these marks if you have the inlet meifold etc on is nearly on impossible so through the spark plug hole is probably easier.

Graham.

hcmini1989
MJLJ_V3_1_.x_Connections_v1.3.pdf

should be enough for you there to go off...

right thenks for all the help one more think i bought my ecu from trigger wheels does the cable to connect the ecu to computer come with the ecu or do i have to buy it seperate if have to get it seperate were from tried trgr wheels site its not on there allso tried autolabs doesnt seem to be on there or do you think somewere like maplin woul do it

bren_1.3

no idea. either way you can buy the leads seperate from any good computer type store (and some bad ones awell). its a standard connector and lead, nothing special. just take the e.c.u into the store and get the staff to help you.

hcmini1989

ok theanks the wires for all the sensors do i just solder them onto the ecu

bren_1.3

the e.c.u should come with a connector with two banks of tails, that should allow you to solder the required lengths of wires from the e.c.u to the sensors.

it really is a very simple piece of kit. i wouldnt worry.

Sign in to follow this