• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
autograsser

Wiring Diagram

autograsser

anybod got a wiring diagram for a 1.6 gti?? they could email or put a link to?

autograsser

gonna be striiping apart the loom for the track car am removing anything it doesnt need on the loom to run :lol:

Cameron

This could help you, it's the diagram I made when I re-made my loom. Cut out everything I didn't need, so it's just lights front and rear, fuel pump / gauge and front wipers. I can send you a larger pic if you want as this might not be very clear. :)

From left to right, front lights, front wiper, engine loom plug, dash, indicator / wiper stalks, headlight / wiper / flasher relays, hazard / fog switches, power switch, fuel pump, rear lights.

th_10042008346.jpg

Edited by pugtorque
usual thing, image filesize outside requested limits, changed to thumbnail, click for full size.

autograsser

that looks like it took some time!! dont suppose you could scan it and email me it (if i said pretty please) or photo copy and post???

pretty please

welshpug

looks like and old P1 205/309 Haynes/Peugeot wiring diagram :P every wire on there to make you go :)

Cameron

Haha it's a bit clearer than a Haynes, the wire colours were carefully planned so none of the same colour cross (didn't work though :) some had to). The plugs are all numbered too so you know what wire goes to what pin.

I don't have a scanner here, but I'm going to my gf's this weekend, if you can wait 'til then I can copy it there?

autograsser

your mint :) cheers

EdCherry

Id be interested in a copy of that if you dont mind??

Thanky, Ed.

Ron_Jaegers

I'm interested in this stripped loom as well. Does it have everything to pass MOT? Don't know if the requirements are different over here but should not be too far apart. Still want to be able to drive the streets.

It should clean up the car from the inside as there is a massive amount of wiring hanging in mine.

Cameron

Yeah it passed the MOT just fine, doesn't include rear wiper, washer or screen heater as they aren't deemed necessary. No in-car heater or any fancy stuff either so if you want that you'll have to figure the wiring out as it isn't shown.

Anyway, sorry its a bit late.. In my rush to get going on Friday night I forgot to take it with me. :rolleyes:

I took some photos and they seem to be pretty clear. I should add that this diagram is specific to my car so is just a guideline, however if you're building an entire loom from scratch I can't see it causing any problems as long as it is a phase 1.5. There is a wire missing that (i think) goes from pin 6 on the wiper stalk to pin 8 on the wiper relay, I'll have to confirm this once I get a chance to look at my car.

Engine bay wiring - I made my own engine loom using a non-standard plug to connect to the main loom so the pin-outs on the engine plug won't match the 205 one. However the pins are labelled with the sensor they go to so you should be able to sort something out.

IMG_0173.jpg

Interior wiring - dash etc

IMG_0174.jpg

Rear interior wiring - rear lights, fuel pump etc.

IMG_0175.jpg

Edited by Cameron

Cameron

Except for the relays and hazard / fog switches it's pretty much laid out as you'd find it on the car, but if you get confused with what plug is what then I can make a list for you.

Sign in to follow this