• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DJ_ManuR6

205 Mi16 4x4 With Gti6 Gbox

DJ_ManuR6

Hi mates, i have a 205 mi16ed with 6speed gbox from 306 gti6 and on my last jurney to scrapy i´ve saw a quite good trasnsffer gbox and rear diff from a 405 4x4, also the main shaft was there, everything very clean and looks like good working.

my mind started to plan for this moment...and this is my question, can i place the transffer gbox with my 6speed gbox i run at the moment?

provably i would need to change the diff case as at first sight it seems transffer box gets bolted to this past too, but what about the rest?

I would like to save my gbox cause i love 6speed gearchange.

All advices are much appreciated

Cheers

Baz

It can be done, basically you re-house the 6spd internals into a 5spd x4 box, making the necessary modifications. A chap on the Mi16 forum has done it, and another doing so iirc, but the forum is down at the moment, although you can get on it read-only i think.

Baz

^_^:lol::o

Awesome, it's back!! :D

DJ_ManuR6

Thanks so much for replies, i´ve been taking a look at this forum and as i´ve read, yes, it can be done, now it woulf be great if anybody could post a pic from this forums topic as i cant see them, i dont know if it is cause is an old topic or cause im not member of this forum.

Cheers

welshpug

Need to be a member to View them Baz, new member ahoy ^_^

DJ_ManuR6

thanks a lot Baz! but i cant see these pics either, i think i have to be a member of this forum, as Welshpug said.

It would be great if you could post them here.. ^_^

Cheers

cybernck

well, simply join the forum then! ;)

anderoo

:blush:

306 GTi6x4? :lol:

hexhamstu
;)

306 GTi6x4? B)

205 mi16-6-4x4 is how i read it

Baz

Yep, and i have all the parts to make such a thing, be it a 205 or 306... B)

Sign in to follow this