• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

allanallen

[engine_work] Mi45 - M45 S/C on an Mi16 engine

shalmaneser
alright spikes, I'm seeing 0.55 bar throughout the rev range, thats using a 2.0 mi bottom pulley and a -15% supercharger pulley. I would of thought you'd be seein more than that to be honest.

heres a really crap pic of the power graphs but it gives you a rough idea

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/allanallen/011.jpg

I'd love to be able to get to the yorks meets but i work permenant nights (wed,thurs,fri nights) so can never get down to them :)

That's a stunning RR graph! must pull like a train!

allanallen
That's a stunning RR graph! must pull like a train!

took a farmer friend out with me the other day and he said "mmm wants a bloody trailer on it" So yes it must pull well :)

M@tt

Al, you gonna tell everyone whats happened to it at the weekend :rolleyes:

allanallen
Al, you gonna tell everyone whats happened to it at the weekend :blush:

I guess so :lol:

I took a few friends into buxton on saturday night for a drink, I parked my car in a nice secure car park as we usually do. Later on in the night we went into a club on the market place but one of my mates was refused entry due to a cut above his eye that had started to bleed. They told him to clean himself up and then come back, so he ran to my car to use the mirror but rather than clean himself up he decided to go home in my car without permission. somewhere on his way home he managed to run my car into something and make a right old mess of the front corner. f***ing c*nt faced wank bag twat.

My car now needs a new bonnet,wing,door,bumper,windscreen,lights,arch trim, rear wheel refurb etc etc. luckily there only appears to be minor damage to the inner wing and front panel so a few new bits bolted on and a lick of paint should sort it. I'm using this as an excuse to give the car a full respray but it didn't particularly need it as its one of the straightest gti's i've seen/owned.

I've hopefully sorted someone to respray it but to give my so called friend an idea of cost, I had a quotation from a local paint shop. It shocked me to find out that the cock suckers done £2300 worth of damage.

the moral of the story is NEVER give your keys to anyone, not even for the most innocent of reasons. I'm off to cry some more :lol:

Tom Fenton

I got a ride out in this last night, f***ing hell!!

Goes like stink, a very very rapid little machine, I was impressed to say the least! Power delivery is excellent, instant torque that seems to carry on all the way through the rev range, looking at the power graph its no suprise it is like this.

Real pisser about the damage, I'm sure you'll get it sorted soon enough though.

Paintguy
I've hopefully sorted someone to respray it

Still interested in my idea? :lol:

allanallen
Still interested in my idea? :ph34r:

certainly am, i'm in the process of sorting out my garage to make some room :lol::)

Glad you liked it tom

cybernck

really sorry to hear that... is he going to pay for the damage though?

allanallen
really sorry to hear that... is he going to pay for the damage though?

in a word.....yes, I am giving him a copy of the quote i got yesterday and he will be paying the full amount. I believe this is fairly reasonable given what he has done

tom_m
in a word.....yes, I am giving him a copy of the quote i got yesterday and he will be paying the full amount. I believe this is fairly reasonable given what he has done

more than reasonable, since i'm guessing if you were on a night out and you were driving, all the rest were drinking. which means at the very least you could have had the boys in blue have a stern talking to him about taking a car without the owners concent and driving while under the influence. not to mention leaving the scene of an accident without reporting it.

i'm suprised you're still referring to him as a mate!

stick a post up if you need any parts, i'm sure there will be plenty available to keep your car on the road.

Edited by tom_m

allanallen
more than reasonable, since i'm guessing if you were on a night out and you were driving, all the rest were drinking. which means at the very least you could have had the boys in blue have a stern talking to him about taking a car without the owners concent and driving while under the influence. not to mention leaving the scene of an accident without reporting it.

i'm suprised you're still referring to him as a mate!

stick a post up if you need any parts, i'm sure there will be plenty available to keep your car on the road.

yes he was hammered :)

good news is, ive got a nice cheque on its way.

M@tt

bet you have, but question is how high do you reckon the bugger will bounce :)

allanallen

Think its about time for a bit of an update on my car ;)

I managed to get all the money off my mate (who is incidently is still a mate ^_^) and ive been slowly gathering some parts together to sort it out. The plan was originally to fix up and respray my shell but...... this came up cheaply

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...=100796&hl=

so I couldnt help myself and bought it.The plan now is to tidy up and respray this shell and transfer all the bits off the crashed car onto it (easy peasy ay)

Slowly over the last couple of weeks i've managed to strip the car to a bare shell and steam clean it off, heres a few pics of where i'm upto at the minute

cleaned up arches, several hours work with scotchbrite and jizer

post-7633-1238521953_thumb.jpg

post-7633-1238521992_thumb.jpg

2 holes for the intercooler pipework and some of the surface rust cleaned up a little

post-7633-1238522161_thumb.jpg

Tom Fenton

Looks super clean matey, excellent! If you were careful you could drill the spot welds out of the front crossbar and replace it, as it looks the only area with any rust. I've got a spot welder you could borrow to make a super tidy job if you like?

Are you going to splash out on a slippy diff whilst the gearbox is out of the car?

allanallen

post-7633-1238522445_thumb.jpg

post-7633-1238522457_thumb.jpg

The shells in really good nick to be honest, Its a wierd one though as its clearly been re-shelled at some stage in its life with what I rekon was a brand new shell. If anyone recognises the car and Knows anything about it please let me know.

Anyhow, underneath is all very solid and has been properly undersealed (tank off etc) so theres only minor tidying needed underneath and then re-sealing

heres a crap pic of boot floor

post-7633-1238522790_thumb.jpg

So thats about it for now, just bordem inducing rust removal ^_^

allanallen

Also, handily enough the missis is now on maternity leave as shes expecting in the next 2 weeks. So I've been putting her to good use ^_^

post-7633-1238523098_thumb.jpg

post-7633-1238523115_thumb.jpg

I've managed to source a pair of brand new genuine wings for it as the ones on it were pattern items and ive got a pair of good doors in storage to replace the manky ones which were fitted.all i'm short of now is a new bonnet and it should be ready for andy(paintguy) to help me with the final prep work and throw some paint at it. I cant bloody wait.

allanallen
Looks super clean matey, excellent! If you were careful you could drill the spot welds out of the front crossbar and replace it, as it looks the only area with any rust. I've got a spot welder you could borrow to make a super tidy job if you like?

Are you going to splash out on a slippy diff whilst the gearbox is out of the car?

Can you get the cross members still tom? I was wondering about doing it as it pretty dam crusty

Got a tranx off miles months ago and its been sat in cals front room ever since, adds to the excitment of getting it done even more ^_^

Tom Fenton

Glad to see you are making her pull her weight, just don't let her choose the air filter!

I don't know if you can get the cross member seperately, you may have to buy a front panel and cut it off, I think it would be worth it though as the rest is so tidy.

allanallen
just don't let her choose the air filter!

you'll never let her forget that will you ^_^

I'll look into the cross member, the more i think about it the more worthwhile i think it is replacing it.

welshpug

yes you can get the separately, I have got 2 or 3 brand new genuine ones in a job lot of parts I acquired from a Closing down dealer.

Tom Fenton
you'll never let her forget that will you :lol:

It was a priceless comment you have to admit!!!!

allanallen

Not been doing a deal on the car this last week managed to get all the rust back to bare metal then ive treated it and acid etched primed it.

my times mainly been taken up with the arrival of my daughter Ruby florence last monday ;)

post-7633-1239634310_thumb.jpg

to say i'm chuffed is an absoloute understatement.

Anyhow hoping to get back on the car this next weekend again so if your reading this andy; your not off the hook yet :lol:

Edited by allanallen

allanallen

another bit of an update on this. no pictures though sorry

Since the weather has been improving ive become increasingly pissed off that i cant use the car so i've temporarily made the crashed car road worthy :) I pulled off the wing, bumper, bonnet etc and went to work on the inner wing with an assortment of hammers. I managed to get it straightish but the rust has begun to set in a little on the crummpled area......not to worry ay. With the wing and bonnet fitted from the other shell and a painted up bumper and arch trim it looks as good as new ;) well sort of (well not at all actually). at least i can drive it though.

I also took the opportunity to fit my tran-x diff + 309 bones and shafts. I was really excited about this however after driving the car for the first time with the diff fitted I hated it ;) but the more i used it the better it got. at first it felt like it came on like a switch and made the car suddenly vear across the road when you applied the power out of a turn. now though...........its bloody brilliant, i can now safely apply full throttle out of a turn and i just grips and grips and drags you round, amazin thing. I really can see what all the fuss is about now.

incidently on removing my standard diff the smaller of the cogs inside it (sorry dont know the correct name for them) looks knackerd. one of them appears to have stress cracks and big bits have chipped of it. I dont know if this is my doing or the previous owners but I dont think it would of stood much more abuse. I'll get some pictures up if anyones interested.

I've now got the use of a decent video camera so i'll attempt to make some videos this weekend on the psooc rolling road visit.

allan

welshpug

do make sure you get the tracking done properly, the diff will highlight any issues you have by usually throwing you about!

M@tt

Having been taken for a spin in Al's car this weekend i can say that this car is absolutely awesome!! It's the fastest 205 i've ever been in!

The supercharger whine is fantastic and the car just pulls and pulls, i couldn't stop grinning :rolleyes:

These conversions have got to be the the best bang for buck out there.

Well done again mate on a fantastic build!