• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

allanallen

[engine_work] Mi45 - M45 S/C on an Mi16 engine

allanallen
1 hour ago, stef205 said:

Sell out ;)

At least I’ll use mine.....

allanallen

So this is pretty much done! Here’s a pic of the bodies all fitted up, looks a lot tidier now but I’m useless at remembering to take pictures 

https://flic.kr/p/JiCQxD

allanallen

Tuesday night I dropped the car off at mikeanics to be mapped, I collected yesterday and I’m very pleased with the results! 

Ive only driven it a few miles but it feels very good, the typical mi characteristics I remember but better!

Idles smoothly at 850rpm, Revs up very cleanly from Tickover and pulls extremely well, just a shame it’s lost some 70bhp and 50lb from the last time it was on the rollers :P 

just a recap of the engine to go with the graphs...

standard mi16 with cam timing set to 1.3mm lift @tdc inlet, 1mm exhaust

45mm bodies,gti6 injectors and  380mm inlet length

trusty old dta e48

re-angled standard ex manifold

2.5” downpipe and 2” twin box system

28762396168_abeb51f316_b.jpg

28762396408_843f7bb6b9_b.jpg

allanallen

I’m sure it could be improved on when comparing it to others results with similar spec, I’d have loved to have had a variety of trumpets to try and a faff with the cam timing but I simply didn’t want to spend any more money on it. I’m happy and I shall enjoy it for what it is :) 

just need to re-access the air filter as it’s a bit close to the trumpets and possibly change the gearbox from the 1900 that’s fitted to an s16 box I have. 

Anthony

Good work. Fill the Derbyshire hills with glorious trumpet quartet :D

I'd certainly swap the box though if you've got something shorter to hand - should make it feel more lively and eager.

• Like 1

allanallen
14 hours ago, Anthony said:

Good work. Fill the Derbyshire hills with glorious trumpet quartet :D

I'd certainly swap the box though if you've got something shorter to hand - should make it feel more lively and eager.

Cheers :) 

box swap is on the cards ASAP I think, after driving it again the gearing is definitely spoiling it!

jackherer
On 6/7/2018 at 8:20 AM, allanallen said:

I’m sure it could be improved on when comparing it to others results with similar spec

Maybe a bit but it looks good to me! You're only about 10bhp down on mine which is pretty much identical except for a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold which I do think makes a difference.

Swapping trumpets mainly seemed to fill in troughs in the graph when we found the right ones, we actually sacrificed a tiny bit of peak power for more area under the graph.

Tom Fenton

Numbers very similar to what my old Mi made in the MOP, 177 and 145 from memory.