• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stupid205

Help On Mi After Market Ign System

stupid205

I've been think im going to put carbs on my mi but im really not sure on all these different after market control systems. I there a system that uses the orginal crank sensor, or do i have to use the ford idis module?

Any ideas would be very greatful!!

Cheers olly

boldy205

i have/am using the Megajolt setup, which uses the Ford EDIS setup, its pretty good, and just as good as the more expensive setups, apart from the need to run a 36-1 wheel, you cannot use the crank/flywheel 60-2 setup.

Matt

welshpug

OMEX and Emerald amongst a few will work with the original 60-2 arrangement.

hexhamstu

boldy, is yours on carbs? are you running a TPS or MAP sensor?

how do you attached a MAP sensor to webbers i read something about the vac port? or something..............

welshpug

you use a throttle pot for the load sensing instead of MAP.

pip470

I use an mbe ignition only, you can get a loom to work with the standard crank sensor and it also has a throttle pot plug but i dont use that, my ignition advance is purely rpm based. Never had a problem with it. I think the ecu was around £550 and the loom another £150, I also had to buy a vauxhaul twin coil and then have it set up on a rolling road which can range from £15 to £250. Hope this helps, cheers Phill

Sign in to follow this