• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spiky

Throttle Body Upgrades For The Gti6

Spiky

what are the options?

i know jenvey's

but thats all i know, what else is around and how much????

Edited by jackherer
title fixed

NeilGTi85

I've decided to go for jenvey's after comments I've read on the GTi-6 forum, I was also temted by the Supercharger Rich does.....250bhp on tap :D or 400bhp!!

Neil

Powers

Neil if you dont mind me asking how much did the Jenvey setup cost?

Spiky- I know Sandy has manufactured some custom ones in the past. Not sure about the price though.

NeilGTi85
Neil if you dont mind me asking how much did the Jenvey setup cost?

Spiky- I know Sandy has manufactured some custom ones in the past. Not sure about the price though.

I have still not saved up enough :D

Its going to cost a fair bit with the jenvey's + E-M3d plus other bits and bobs.....

Its proberbly going to be around the 2K mark thats why I was tempted by the supercharger ;)

This is a package from Balance Motosport, Universal kit (not what I'm going for) for 1.5K

http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/product...Throttle+Bodies

I am still looking at option about the injecter's etc....I'm just going to save up to 2.5K and then go buying some bits with advice from a well known engine builder......

I've heard got things about Sandy, but its awhile of yet anyway's

Neil

Spiky

2k..

ouch,

i wont be paying anywhere near that..lol

tom_m

you should be able to get something like pulsar bodies to work without too much effort. you'll need to find a way of adaptnig them to the right bolt pattern, but iirc the port spacing is near as dammit them same. if you could make an adapter plate i think they'd work direct to head as it were, but then you're going to incurr machining costs.

Matt Holley
what are the options?

i know jenvey's

but thats all i know, what else is around and how much????

As said sandy does a cheaper alternative, although I know he also likes to use jenveys with twin injectors and dta.

kyepan
you should be able to get something like pulsar bodies to work without too much effort. you'll need to find a way of adaptnig them to the right bolt pattern, but iirc the port spacing is near as dammit them same. if you could make an adapter plate i think they'd work direct to head as it were, but then you're going to incurr machining costs.

sadly I took a set of pulsar bodies down to colin satchel and sandy a month ago, they had a good look at the port shapes on the exit of the bodies themselves, they are oval and would lead to some very strange circle to oval to circle manifold.. they said it's probably not viable.

however

GSXR 1000 (2002-3) ones go for about 75 quid on us ebay though... near enough what i paid for the pulsar set and they are the right diameter, give a nice little venturi to the inlet and can be mounted up side down to get a good angle to the head.

J

Super Josh
however

GSXR 1000 (2002-3) ones go for about 75 quid on us ebay though... near enough what i paid for the pulsar set and they are the right diameter, give a nice little venturi to the inlet and can be mounted up side down to get a good angle to the head.

J

Isn't it well documented that the ramp angle is completely wrong for a car installation on Bike 'Bodies? Giving horrible off idle control? ;) Has anyone come up with a solution to sort this out? :D

Josh

Powers

Sandy and Colin have successfully designed a bike throttle body application for the TU engines.

I personally am not a fan but could be persuaded otherwise.

I am working with a friend to install Jenvey throttle bodies and a DTA ecu on a TU 16 valve that I will document in the appropriate section when its all complete. This package with mapping is coming in around £2000.

With the throttle bodies being around £850 of that.

welshpug

ones like these from sandy/colin look good, not sure exactly how much they are but I believe they are comparable to anything else out there but are made specifically for the 205 meaning extra tract length without having them poking through the bonnet.

post-6092-1204809211_thumb.jpg

Powers

That's the setup. Sandy/Colin's non bike throttle body design.

Any idea on costs?

P.S. Can one of the administrators edit this topic title. Spiky was pissed when he wrote it!

Edited by Powers

NeilGTi85
That's the setup. Sandy/Colin's non bike throttle body design.

Any idea on costs?

I also would be intrested to see what price it would be,

Cheers

Neil

Baz

Iirc around £700, Sandy will probably be along to amend that though!

I have a a Jenvey/Emerald setup, although now not sure i'm going that route so may be up for grabs at decent money.

Powers

Spiky may be interested in just the throttle bodies at a competitive price!

NeilGTi85
Spiky may be interested in just the throttle bodies at a competitive price!

Spiky can have first dibs but if its still availible PM with with a price and i'll see what I can do :(

Cheers

Neil

All Praise The GTI

i have a set of colin satchells bodies. been in my wardrobe for months now as ive been let down at the mo on my management and cant afford to buy new :( they are a nice bit of kit. just wish i could fitt them!

CaptainK

Awww.. throttle bodies :P . A bit old now this topic, but any update on them from Sandy/Colin?

Sandy

We've been pretty busy with other things lately, but a batch of XU 16v set ups would seem to be overdue! We still have a few sets of those bodies, just a case of making up the manifolds and trumpets. The inlet/bodies/trumpets/backplate you see above now comes to £650 all in. A second injector position can be added at extra cost.

Once the supply of those TB units is exhausted, we'll be developing a similar bike TB set up using the methods we've come up with for making bike TBs work well on TU engines without the usual compromises.

Craigb
We've been pretty busy with other things lately, but a batch of XU 16v set ups would seem to be overdue! We still have a few sets of those bodies, just a case of making up the manifolds and trumpets. The inlet/bodies/trumpets/backplate you see above now comes to £650 all in. A second injector position can be added at extra cost.

Once the supply of those TB units is exhausted, we'll be developing a similar bike TB set up using the methods we've come up with for making bike TBs work well on TU engines without the usual compromises.

Sandy is this set up suitable for the 8V , what about linkages etc ?

I'm considering ditching the lanes and taking in some SV's next year

CaptainK
The inlet/bodies/trumpets/backplate you see above now comes to £650 all in.

Might have to be added to the shopping list..... :blush::D

Sandy

A good TB set up is nevber a bad idea :)

Sandy is this set up suitable for the 8V , what about linkages etc ?

I'm considering ditching the lanes and taking in some SV's next year

It's not suitable for the 8v sadly. Would could make you a custom set up if required though.

pye21

Sandy, is the TB kit suitable for a 306?

cybernck
Its going to cost a fair bit with the jenvey's + E-M3d plus other bits and bobs.....

if you order the complete package from Emerald, they will give you 10% 205GTIDrivers.com Discount :).

NeilGTi85

Which makes the price deliverd £1458.......:)

Sign in to follow this