• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
springs

Reattaching Side Badges?

springs

when i brought my 205 the side badges were missing but some spares were already purchased but not fitted at the time.

whats the best way to stick them back on the car? the old ones were stuck on with double sided sticky pads but it looks like they didnt last overall..

ive got some sticky back velcro available, will this hold it or end up the same as above?

thanks

swordfish210

I used double sided tape to stick mine on about 2 years ago and they're still holding strong. I think you need some good quality tape and make sure that both surfaces are spotlesly clean. That should sort it.

platty

Yep, as above. The double sided foam tape is really good. You can get some fairly thin black stuff that sticks like sh!t to a blanket.

McDude

Silicone sealant - works a charm

springs

cool, guess ill have to find some good quality ones then

jord294

there's also stuff called silkaflex iirc

cRaig

I stuck mine on with double sided automotive tape and lots of instant silcone gasket stuff. I dont think they'll be coming off for a while :)

sonofsam
there's also stuff called silkaflex iirc

Did mine with this, Sikaflex 291 is the sh*t :)

Baz
Yep, as above. The double sided foam tape is really good. You can get some fairly thin black stuff that sticks like sh!t to a blanket.

Mirror adhesive pads.

Some similar stuff isn't quite as good. Make sure you plug/seal the holes that are there usually for the pins though, or you'll get leaks!

Sign in to follow this