• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Para

Gaz Coilovers Or Bilstein B6 ?

Para

Hi

I wonder which one will be better for my car. I am thinking about GAZ GHA coilover kit or Bilstein B6 suspension. Which one will be better for fast road , odd track day car ?? Any experience with that suspension? Thanks in advance

Mike

Miles

I'd say Bilstein everytime as they are both Bump & Rebound acting, Not sure what spec the Gaz's are but I know the cheap ones are only rebound and when you goto the Bump & Rebound ones they start going up in price.

A set of Billies with the Eibach spring's is hard to beat for road use and you don;t need to worry about maintenance on them either, I;ve driven a 205 with the Gaz Coilover's and to be honest I didn;t think much of it in term's of control around the roads here

Batfink

The B6 dampers are uprated by for standard rideheight. If you want to lower the car you may be better off with the B8 dampers which are for lower cars.

Rippthrough

All Gaz are Bump acting and have been for many years, only the very earliest units weren't, as they were aimed at track cars with silly spring rates and some bad theory.

Having said that, they still seem to have some sealing issues occasionally.

Edited by Rippthrough

pdd144c

Bilstein without question!

Para

Thanks for help, at the moment car is lowered 40mm

side2.jpg

I want to keep the same height, does bistein b6 will allow me to lower the car to the same distance ? How the price looks for B8 ?

Batfink

lowered 40mm you definitly want B8's!!

Para

How much for set of them ?? Any online shops where I can order ?? What do you suggest for the back ??

welshpug

Ask Miles :ph34r:

Batfink

The unlucky thing is that Bilstein prices have just gone up due to the strength of the Euro. For the rear there are a few options.

Group N dampers are good, others have used 306 B6 dampers on the rear.

Edited by Batfink

Miles

As said you need the B8 version for lowered car as the stroke of the damper is adjusted to suit this, Drop me a PM as I can supply these at hopefully unbeatable prices

dazEmad

I have had just fitted full Bilstein challenge spec suspension (group n) with eibach pro springs and it is very impressive. The ride height looks very similiar to the picture you posted.

Para

Miles PM sent.

dazEmad have you got any pictures how it looks like :ph34r: ?

petesy71

hi para, i just recently fitted B8's with eibach 7001's (bought from miles, cheers mate). height is 25mm below standard, but looks similar to yours, couple of pics.

photo0055ko7.th.jpg

photo0057av7.th.jpg

really nice ride, cheers, pete.

Para

Looks great, I've just got a reply from one of the shops that bilstein b8 doesn't fit under 205GTI , what's this all about ?

tom_m
Looks great, I've just got a reply from one of the shops that bilstein b8 doesn't fit under 205GTI , what's this all about ?

bilstein don't officially make a B8 for the 205 in the genaral catalogue. the 'challenge spec' that Miles supplies is from the motorsport catalogue and equivalent to the B8 spec

guffe

Little OT maybe, but has Bilstein got coilovers? Are they sick expensive?

Para

They got coilovers, there was a set for sale on ebay two days ago for 620 pounds

joey

hello mike,

ive got the bilstein b8 or 'Sprintline' as they are often called on my 1.6 at the moment and i find them very impressive, very firm but still provide good damping. id be happy to show you if your ever down my way. i have them mated with the eibach 7001 lowering springs.

i might even have the whole set up for sale ina few weeks as i might have to part with the car(starting college soon!!). they are literally like new, only done about a thousand miles

pm if interested

regards joe

Para

Hi Joey, it's good to hear from somebody from my area. PM Sent

guffe
They got coilovers, there was a set for sale on ebay two days ago for 620 pounds

For a 205? I can't find any Bilstein PSS for even Peugeot

edit: Maybe for a reason, for a quick look there are none PSS kits for 205

Edited by guffe

Para

They say the same about B8 and there are still availible. Keep an eye on ebay, guy might try to sell them again.

Batfink

The 205 group N's are on the Bilstein motorsport part list not the standard road damper list.

Sign in to follow this