• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
oli-pug

More Gti-6 Wiring Bullsh*t For You All

oli-pug

I was really hoping to get the car up and running this weekend but nothing seems to be going right lately.

I have switched live (wire 2a) to the relay and lambda, wire 1200 connected to fuel pump with the inertia bridged.

My permanent live consists of the thick brown wire which then branches off into 3 or 4 blue wires into the relay and a thin brown wire (bb1) both connected to the 205 shunt box.

Now i am getting fuel prime on the ignition for 5-6 seconds with 12v at the injectors, but absolutely bugger all at the injectors during cranking. The plugs are bone dry.

Came from a 99T plate xsara vts.

Help please :)

Edited by oli-pug

welshpug

got 12v at the coilpacks + spark?

Toddy

Use a spare CPS to eliminate, if the ecu doesn't know its cranking it wont open an injector?

oli-pug

I'm not getting 12volts at the injectors or coilpacks during cranking. Tried a new crank sensor earlier but still no good!

Anyone have any other ideas? I'm starting to think there may be an issue with my clifford alarm / immobiliser playing around. Problem is, i have no wiring diagrams for the system.

oli-pug

I removed my alarm system earlier and and rejoined the the existing wiring but still no joy!

Can anyone help me out, i'm really desperate to get it going. Next step will be to try another ecu maybe? I unlocked mine myself before they removed the engine at the scrapyard but chances are they've reconnected it and locked it again, bunch of tossers...

Edited by oli-pug

pug_ham

The coil pack should get its 12v feed from the injection double relay, pin #13.

If you can try another known unlocked ecu it might be worthwhile going down that route if you are at all uncertain about yours.

Graham.

Spiky

double relay fooked? maybe!

Edited by Spiky

Richie-Van-GTi

Check you have 2 pins on the multifunction relay with switched lives with the relay unplugged. Sounds like one side of it isnt switching. Easy to bridge over for a quick check to see if it will fire up :)

oli-pug

Just been out to test it and only pin 14 (cc4) has a switched live, but which other pin should?

pug_ham
Just been out to test it and only pin 14 (cc4) has a switched live, but which other pin should?

Looking at Autodata, nowhere other than pin 14 on the double relay should have an ignition switched 12v live but you should have a permanent 12v from the shunt box to pins 2, 8, 11 & 15.

Graham.

oli-pug

I've now tried all three of the double relays that i picked up from a scrapyard but still no signs of life :) They all came off peugeot 306's that were 1600 or 1400 petrol models, but the part numbers come the same as the 10j4rs relay.

I've checked and i'm definitely getting permanent live to pins 2, 8, 11 & 15 so no problems there!

The ecu is looking like the guilty cuplrit i think! James_R is hopefully lending me one so fingers crossed!

Alastairh

How did you unlock the ecu?

Al

oli-pug

When i went to look at the engine and hear it running, i unpugged the ecu myself with the ignition switched on just to be sure it would be unlocked.

However, I then left them to it to remove the engine and box for me and i picked it up a few days later. But... the ecu was plugged back in when they loaded it up for me, didn't think anything of it at the time but it's possible they plugged it back in to have a play around and forgotten to unlock it again!

oli-pug

It's alive :):D :D

WHAT A RELIEF! fired right up and scared the hell out of me :(

Sourced a known unlocked ecu and it worked so it seems mine was locked. Ah well, onwards and upwards.

pug_ham

Cool. :(

Glad you fixed it & got it running. :)

Graham.

Sign in to follow this