• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Gti6 Engine Fitment

Spiky
Ah would rather stay away from that idea as i have a oil cooler take off plate behind the filter which will be pushing the filter close to the rad as it is. Thanks.

fit 1.8 16v clio oil filter, job done :lol:

boldy205

This why i love this forum! Thanks for all the replies, i think i will bite the bullet and try to re angle the manifold myself.

Stew205: this allows me to use the std 205 top rad hose then? I have some of your silicone hoses which i would like to reuse wherever possable (its running carbs). How much for this adapter Stew?

stew205

They are £35. I have only made a small batch of them so if you would like one please send a PM.

Hoopster

Hi sorry to just jump in on the thread, but im about to fit a Gti6 exhaust manifold to my S16 engined 205, does any one know how much needs to be cut out of the manifold to re-angle it to the correct angle to clear the bulkhead?

Cheers

Dave

gti-si

Not a lot. Just a small triangle of about 4mm will do I think, then just bend the manifold down until the triangle closes up, check how much it's moved at the downpipe flange, if happy re weld. I didn't do this, I just extended the bottom mount. I only did this by 6mm and it gave me adequate clearance on the bulkhead and the gear linkages are all free moving. Still, I should of reangled the manifold as it isn't that much more work if you do it whilst it's out of the car and the benefits far outweigh those of extending the bottom mount

Hoopster

Cheers!

I'll give that a bash at the weekend!

thanks

Dave

hodgy

as this is a gti6 fitting thread ill jump on board.

can i get 306 rallye pullys to by pass the air con and power steering? or do i get a shorter belt & by pass the power steering and just leave the air con pump on?

can i also use my 205 1.9 fly wheel and clutch as i want to use my be3 box

thanx

hodgy

i need to get a new accelerator cable too so do i get a 306 one or a 205 one?

boldy205

Nice one hodgy! was just out in the garage looking at how i was going to fit a belt to my GTi6, its only running the altenator. Any ideas anyone? was thinking about making my own adjuster to work with the Std. alt and mountings. But if anyone else can help??

whizzer71

What you need to do is chop up the old 8v tensioner and fit it like this ,I know the pics I have shown are on a turbo 8v engine but the priciple is exactly the same for the Gti 6,The belt is an original non pas 8v Gti one.

Hope this helps

:D

taylorspug

Good idea nicely executed is that, i like it. :D

I use an MI cambelt tensioner bolted onto that threaded hole in the middle of the belt in the first picture.

tom_m

if you use this mount, then no modification is necessary (again on an 8v turbo, but its the same on all iron locks) though I have removed the useless upper spur for the PAS pump now and used a random belt that was lying around in the workshop.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/the_...ff/DSC00180.jpg

edit: oops its a bit big, better make it a link

Edited by tom_m

taylorspug

What does it come from Tom, is it from an 8v turbo?

Alastairh

Yeah, some 8v Turbos, 8v XU10 Na aswell that run a second Aux belt for a high mounted pas pump.

I still have mine some where actually...

boldy205

i like the simplicity of using the mi16 cam belt tensioner! failing that i will have to dig out the 8V spares box!!!

Chears

Matt

jonnie205

the 8v tensioner is the way to go, thats how i do mine. You can leave the alternator bolted on top and bottom how its suppose to be keeping it in close to engine and then use an 8v or mi16 belt with a tensioner with belt to run off

hodgy

another question.

which mi16 clutch do you use so you can still use the 205 gear box? 1.9 or 2.0 then if its 2.0 there is two types of clutch

TurboSam

1.9 mi

Peetypug

i dont really want to cut the exhaust manifold

is anybody on here thinking of making the angling plates?

if not i might try to get one made and see how things go with that

anybody know what type of metal i would be best using?

jackherer
is anybody on here thinking of making the angling plates?

Not that I know of but if anyone does I will buy one straight away.

welshpug

who makes the 1.9 Mi ones? just a case of taking that design and applying the gti6 dimensions to it.

Sign in to follow this