• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

What Is This Relay For ?!

DamirGTI

Hello !

4436copy.jpg

:) The two green relays in the engine bay are tachy and injection relays right , for what is this yellow one next to the ECU then ?!

(it's '90 Motronic car ..)

Thanks ! :)

Damir

gerlewislewis

the tachymetric relay is near the drivers right knee. afaik

Edited by gerlewislewis

Miles

The Motronics don;t run a Taccy relay, It's a ECU and Fuel pump relay which that one is, the green relays are for the lights and horn (Model and spec depending)

DamirGTI

Ok. but now i'm confused :)

If the yellow one is tachy relay , what are these green relays :

IMG_7428.jpg

IMG_7430.jpg

One of these green relays is injection supply relay , and the other green one is ?!

According to the Haynes mega confuse wiring diagram (well to be honest i don't think that it's correct diagram for motronic car after all..) the green ones are tachy and injection supply relays , however i can't find the yellow relay anywhere on the diagram ..

Anyone have proper wiring diagram for Motronic 1.3 management ?

Rgs ! :)

Damir

welshpug

have you got wire numbers for the yellow plug?

DamirGTI
The Motronics don;t run a Taccy relay, It's a ECU and Fuel pump relay which that one is, the green relays are for the lights and horn (Model and spec depending)

Yes but the wiring on this relay :

IMG_7427.jpg

comes straight from the ECU loom (from the ECU side anyway on this the LH car ..) , so it can't be light or horn relay then , right :)

Damir

DamirGTI
have you got wire numbers for the yellow plug?

Yes :) it goes like this :

Purple - 77A

Red - 1A

Orange - 120

Orange - 96A

White - 76

Brown - ?? (can't find any numbers on these one ..)

Damir

mhyphenl
Yes :) it goes like this :

Purple - 77A

Red - 1A

Orange - 120

Orange - 96A

White - 76

Brown - ?? (can't find any numbers on these one ..)

Damir

I spent days on this one and finally got it sorted! On the Haynes manual its labelled as a tachy relay but its not really. It supplies the power to the fuel pump, SAD and lambda heating element and is activated in line with the injection relay in the engine bay. The haynes wiring diagram is right but badly labelled, you'll find the wire numbers are correct!! I have a fault on my ECU which keeps cutting that relay out for a fraction of a second at a certain rev band, thats why I spent so much time on it. Autodata books have some info on it as well as citoen motronic diagrams!

Never figured the other green one!!

DamirGTI
I spent days on this one and finally got it sorted! On the Haynes manual its labelled as a tachy relay but its not really. It supplies the power to the fuel pump, SAD and lambda heating element and is activated in line with the injection relay in the engine bay. The haynes wiring diagram is right but badly labelled, you'll find the wire numbers are correct!! I have a fault on my ECU which keeps cutting that relay out for a fraction of a second at a certain rev band, thats why I spent so much time on it. Autodata books have some info on it as well as citoen motronic diagrams!

Never figured the other green one!!

True , just had a look on the diagram and all the wire numbers are correct .

I have various PSA manuals , so i'll investigate Citroen manuals if i can find something about the other green relay (the one which is inside the black box ) .. no sleeping for me tonight until i finish my homework :)

Thank you ! :)

Damir

Edited by DamirGTI

Miles

The one with the big brown wires normally has a brown relay lile all the Mi16's but they can run this type of relay, never looked into the differances, The other one I;m sure if something to do with the low water light, I guess it's a late car

Sign in to follow this