• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mechsmurf

Help

mechsmurf

hi i recently put a post named silacone hoses

i had some hoses made for my car but the oil filler has no t piece for the cam breather i was told to just run a breather off of it

i put the breather on the rocker cover but just started welling up with oil i then decided to run a pipe of the rocker cover just above the coolant tank with a breather on the other end but oil is just pouring out of the breather what can i do to stop this

neede desparate help

welshpug

pop it to where its meant to be, i.e the bottom of the oil filler, the breather system isn't designed to be an open one, it messes up the mixture due to the engine bypassing the AFM through the airleak you create.

mechsmurf

do you mean buya pipe that has the t-piece or just blank it off and leave i dangling next to the filler pipe

mechsmurf

?

wardy18

yes there is quite alot of oil flyin around inside the rocker cover and this will make its way through the breather pipe which is why its connected to the oil filler so it can re circulate itself back into the sump, but you have taken this pipe out of the cycle and so teh oil has no where to go apart from all over ur engine

mechsmurf

will have to try and source a t piece later cheers for your help

also just a qwick one what way round should the sad be facing and the 2 single spade connectors on the oil temp and water temp what colour connector should be on what think my sadf and connectors are mixed up :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this