• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
john-melbourne

Engine Rebuild

john-melbourne

Hi Guys,

My mate has just given me his old 1.9 gti engine, i am thinking about getting this rebuilt to replace mine if/when it dies. How hard is it to rebuild a 1.9 engine? my mate is quite handy with a spanner, although i dont believe he has ever tried engine work before :(

Whats parts are needed to rebuild the engine, and what does it usually cost parts wise?

Thanks

John

j_turnell

Your best bet mate is to do a search as this is a very common question and you should find loads of info on it :(

john-melbourne
Your best bet mate is to do a search as this is a very common question and you should find loads of info on it :(

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, i have been using the search function for an hour now and looking at alot of info! there is just not alot of info regarding the price of the parts needed? So if anyone call help it will be very much appreciated.

John

welshpug

It varies a hell of a lot and depends massively on the condition of the engine you're looking at and what would need replacing.

ALEX

Kits to replace the pistons & liners cost around £250 from memory.

Worth while doing if you plan on keeping the car for a long time.

Sign in to follow this