• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
monty69

Megajolt Map Or Tps For Supercharged S16 On Carbs?

monty69

Im looking into getting megajolt for the carbed s16 but not sure whether to get map or tps. I will hopefully be supercharging it suck through so air and fuel will be going through the charger. I want to fit the megajolt 1st and iron out any probs before fitting it on sc engine. Any ideas which will be best suited? If i go map does that mean it will go on boost side sensing pressure or before sc sensing vac? Anyone?

Guest letchy

From what i've read on megasquirt forum, map seems to be the best choice especially if you intend on going s/c route. I'm using map signal for my s/c setup, although that's running standard manifold rather than carbs.

As for map signal, i would have thought taking it from the carb manifold would be fine. It will be in vacum for idle etc and will also read positive pressure when its getting boost. Dont forget a one way valve is needed in the line to brake servo.

base-1

I'd say you want map definitely, you need to fit the sensor to read the boost going into the engine

monty69

Thanks i never thought about the servo side of things

cyman
Thanks i never thought about the servo side of things

is there not a 1 way check valve already fitted to the brake servo ?

Sign in to follow this