• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
whizzer71

205 Turbo Rr Session

whizzer71

Hi all just been down to the local Rolling Road (Rapid Chariots Chartham Nr Canterbury Kent) with Marks 2.0ltr turbo conversion (Rebuilt 406 2.0ltr turbo with DKZ cam front mount intercooler currently boosting a .7 bar (10Psi)) and Im pleased to say that it made around 193 Bhp and 197 ft lbs of torque,will be posting graph with exact figures very shortly just waiting for them to email it across to me.

Going to fit the T28 and emerald within next month and then going back for a 2nd run to see what we have gained !. :)

B)

Henry Yorke

Interesting Torque figure. My XU9J1/AZ turbo concoction runs half a bar and only 164 bhp but 194lb/ft torque. I would have thought you wouldhave more torque with the extra bhp, or maybe mine is just down on bhp higher up the revs!

sonofsam
Hi all just been down to the local Rolling Road (Rapid Chariots Chartham Nr Canterbury Kent) with Marks 2.0ltr turbo conversion (Rebuilt 406 2.0ltr turbo with DKZ cam front mount intercooler currently boosting a .7 bar (10Psi)) and Im pleased to say that it made around 193 Bhp and 197 ft lbs of torque,will be posting graph with exact figures very shortly just waiting for them to email it across to me.

Going to fit the T28 and emerald within next month and then going back for a 2nd run to see what we have gained !. B)

B)

How does it drive ? :D:)

whizzer71
Interesting Torque figure. My XU9J1/AZ turbo concoction runs half a bar and only 164 bhp but 194lb/ft torque. I would have thought you wouldhave more torque with the extra bhp, or maybe mine is just down on bhp higher up the revs!

I think maybe we would have seen a little more but we couldnt get the turbo to boost past .7 as I think the actuator is getting a bit tired,We have had it running at 1 bar up until recently when our home made actuator assistor (spring) obviously got a bit warm and decided to expire !.

Will be posting graphs soon :)

whizzer71
How does it drive ? B):)

The car is still running on standard size rear magnex silencer at the mo I dont know if it had a larger bore box on it would improve marginally,standard turbo seems to reach its max output between 3 & 4 K

Awesome amount of torque pulls all the way to the rev limiter in 5th despite the 3.59 fd / custom gearset,going to fit a 3.47 at the same time as the bigger turbo etc,Quaife LSD helps a great deal and on a dry road you can lay it down in 2nd just about with the tyres scrabbling for a bit of grip.

You will have to come up and see us Sam although the T28 will be on it by then,Ill be interested to get Headlings car on an RR as well just for a comparison I think his turbo was in way better condition than the one fitted to this engine.

Well worth all the effort !

:D

whizzer71

What cam do you have in that Henry ?

Henry Yorke
What cam do you have in that Henry ?

Standard one for the XU9J1/AZ the 105 bhp engine. The same cam as is in your Gentry!

The 105 hp cam duration is 218 deg. @ 0.050" and 0.405" lift on both exhaust and

inlet. It's a very tame cam, designed to keep cranking pressures high with the low 8.4:1

CR. The JAZ engine has 0.445" lift on the inlet and a bit less on the exhaust. It has

more duration than the other cam, but less than the 130hp cam which is 228 deg.

Edited by Henry Yorke

whizzer71
Standard one for the XU9J1/AZ the 105 bhp engine. The same cam as is in your Gentry!

Would have had in my Gentry If the engine hadnt have been removed already :)

whizzer71

Link to you tube vid

sonofsam
The car is still running on standard size rear magnex silencer at the mo I dont know if it had a larger bore box on it would improve marginally,standard turbo seems to reach its max output between 3 & 4 K

Awesome amount of torque pulls all the way to the rev limiter in 5th despite the 3.59 fd / custom gearset,going to fit a 3.47 at the same time as the bigger turbo etc,Quaife LSD helps a great deal and on a dry road you can lay it down in 2nd just about with the tyres scrabbling for a bit of grip.

You will have to come up and see us Sam although the T28 will be on it by then,Ill be interested to get Headlings car on an RR as well just for a comparison I think his turbo was in way better condition than the one fitted to this engine.

Well worth all the effort !

:)

Sounds good! You and Mark must be chuffed B) Yes that would be cool mate, Kent isnt that far from me :D

Need to get finger out and pull that TDFD out that 'ol 'box too!

Back to back test with different inlet manifolds may yeald some interesting results too, the standard one is renound for slow gas speed!

whizzer71
Sounds good! You and Mark must be chuffed :) Yes that would be cool mate, Kent isnt that far from me B)

Need to get finger out and pull that TDFD out that 'ol 'box too!

Back to back test with different inlet manifolds may yeald some interesting results too, the standard one is renound for slow gas speed!

We have fitted Xsi TB on it and opened the inlet out to suit,cant say as we noticed much difference between the two but then we didnt do a before and after run (costs £'s) ,I'm currently trying to get hold of an early XM 2.0ltr or 405 Sri / BX 8v Gti inlet but not having much luck

:D

Edited by whizzer71

whizzer71

Finally got the rr results

whizzer71

And

Edited by whizzer71

danpug

Everybody seems to get really good results with these engines with very few mods yet they continue to get slated, surely all these rolling road results tell us something?!

Miles

They do well, The one I;ve done makes 208bhp and 245lb ft of torque, all std bar a OMEX ECU and a 1mm larger bore

whizzer71

Yep that they're a truly great engine with plenty of room for improvement,We have done four Turbo conversions now all in varying states of modification etc,This one being the most modified yet and still to be modified more,it gets driven to the absolute limit every time it gets used and despite having run 1 bar for a considerable amount of time still stays in 1 piece.

This car had a really low mileage Gti6 engine in it before (around 28-29 K) with regrinds and emerald (made around 190bhp) and yet was no where as quick or as reliable as the Turbo unit,but that said I really like the Gti6 engine also and I know that there are plenty of people out there running them (again in varied modifierd states of tune) with no issues at all.

Im pretty confident that we are going to see 250 + :) once the bigger turbo/injectors etc are fitted so watch this space !

B)

whizzer71
They do well, The one I;ve done makes 208bhp and 245lb ft of torque, all std bar a OMEX ECU and a 1mm larger bore

I think theres plenty more to come from this one yet,and we didnt see any point in fitting the emerald as yet just to have to get it all remapped after the bigger turbo has been fitted, the old std turbo now being a bit tired

Is that with the std cam Miles ?

:)

Edited by whizzer71

Miles

Yes with the std cam and .5 bar of boost and cossie intercooler, It could take more but the compression needs dropping even more but as it is will make it reliable as the box will go bang with much more put thru it

sonofsam
Finally got the rr results

Lovely smooth Torque curve on that one ! :DB):wub:

whizzer71
Lovely smooth Torque curve on that one ! B):D:D

Yep we couldn't beleive the outcome really all things considered :wub: ,you should come and experience it for yourself !

B)

whizzer71
Yes with the std cam and .5 bar of boost and cossie intercooler, It could take more but the compression needs dropping even more but as it is will make it reliable as the box will go bang with much more put thru it

I thought the boxes were supposed to be good for a whole lot more ?,the only weak part being the diff ?

:wub:

Miles

I would say 220bhp and 240 LB ft of torque, Get any more and the gear's start stripping but you can;t complain from a std box designed for 160bhp, As you know even with 150bhp and xx torque in the 406 etc they all use the ML box

sonofsam
Yep we couldn't beleive the outcome really all things considered :wub: ,you should come and experience it for yourself !

B)

I should hehe I get to drive one everyday though :D , although I wouldn't mine knowing how the DKZ cam changes the characteristics?! :D

rex

Well done lads :D

For some strange reason, I bought an immaculate XM C.T. last week for the princely sum of 50 quid. Why the hell did I do that as I sit amidst the spaghetti of this GTi6 loom .... :o:):) ?

Crazy-legs!

Well done Tris, good results! what's intresting is how these power/torque figures compare to mine. im guesing you were using a cossie intercooler?

Sign in to follow this