• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
petert

Xu10j4r And Xu10j4rs Heads

petert

I'm sorry about your attitude, perhaps its shading your ability to read, but the facts have been clearly pointed out over the course of the thread. I'll summarize for you:

- lift and duration are identical

- normally there is drive slots on the exhaust cam

- if you don't have drive slots, it doesn't matter which way you install them

Edited by petert

James_R

If there's no drive slot on one then it's not an exhaust cam from a GTi6/VTS engine too I spose.

rex

"Is it me or don't you just get it?"

It's you, bud.

The information here is generally spot-on by people who are passionate about the subject. And even better, it's free. That's got to be worth being polite.

DrSarty

My wife's Finnish, and I can assure you it's a national trait to be 'direct'.

But Guffe I do believe your question(s) have been answered. If we've missed something, please explain again so we can help. Otherwise, read carefully through again please.

VisaGTi16v

lol

guffe

I appoligize, maybe I just had a bad day...

I'll have to measure the cams to be sure, but they were sold to me as VTS cams and they do not have any slots or grooves at the non-drive end. But as You all pointed out that they are identical so the problem of fitting them is allready solved.

Peace,

-G

guffe

I'm highjacking this thread again...

Anyone know how much EW10J4R and XU10J4RS cams differ from each other? Totally different ones?

Sandy

Here you go Peter:

post-2671-1207723606_thumb.jpg

post-2671-1207724221_thumb.jpg

You can see from the numbers that the RS head is remarkably similar to the normal J4R head, in fact on a bigger capacity engine, the J4R is probably going to work better out of the box. The main difference is the narrower throats on the RS head, which carry the extra valve cut inwards and would almost certainly be ground back on a modified head anyway. The J4R head port dimensions are almost identical to the S16 (except the siamesing of the exhaust ports).

petert
he J4R head port dimensions are almost identical to the S16 (except the siamesing of the exhaust ports).

I concur with that, and also the XU9J4 inlet port dimensions. You'd have to say that the good old "R" head is very unrated is just waiting for someone to build a special from it. The cams and manifolds are the only items holding back an "R" engine from making serious power.

James_R

Have to wait till my 6 snaps a belt then I'll stick a plain r head on looking at those numbers

Sign in to follow this