• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
carbers205

What Mods Can Standard Ecu Cope With?

carbers205

Hi guys, Im wondering if anyone knows about the Magnetti Marelli 8P ECU as found on the 306 2.0 8v engine (XU10J2C)

As per the title, when will my mods render the ECU unable to process the info properly.

Currently I have done to the engine:

1.9 D6B cam

Ported & polished head

3-angle valves & stems

88mm XUD crank (now Im up to 2045cc)

Lightened & balanced flywheel.

Im getting concerned that Ive gone past what the original ECU is capable of!

Cheers

Andy

welshpug

the only way to tell is with a session on a rolling road and monitoring the AFR, I believe this ecu can be remapped however, so its down to whether the rest of the components are up to it (i.e injectors and fuel pump)

this system runs a coilpack does it not?

I'd find what injectors it uses and go from there.

pug_ham

MM8P can be re-mapped & is even suitable for use when fitting throttle bodies.

IMO you really need to book it in for a re-map now to get everything set up correctly & get the full benefit from the changes you've made because the fuelling & ignition timing could already be way out en-dangering your engine.

That way you can also find out if you would benefit further from fitting different injectors, I doubt the fuel pump would need changing as the pressure it supplies should be more than ample.

Graham.

carbers205

Ah thats excellent news.

Yeah it is the one withthe coilpack WP, but I dont know what size the oe injectors are.

Graham can you recommend anyone reasonably local to us (N Yorks) to do a remap?

pug_ham
Graham can you recommend anyone reasonably local to us (N Yorks) to do a remap?

The only person I know of in the North that can remap the MM8P system is Wayne Schofield at Chipwizards in Milnrow near Rochdale.

I got my car mapped there (on MP3.1) but Dave Sykes (TT205) had his hillclimb 205 mapped by Wayne & I'll be taking mine there once I get the MM8P wired up & the car running.

Graham.

carbers205

Ah, thats quite a trek!

Cheers for that anyway mate, Ill give him a buzz and see what he can do.

Sign in to follow this