• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Garry

Houston ........ We Have A Problem

easypug
dude! its 8-1!

Well me and the other 6 or so people who have just brought pistons are all 9.1:1 which i believe is the same as what Rich is using sooo....

Sam

9:1 will be nicer engine too. 8:1 is "I drive a cosworth so it has to be 8:1" territory which means its a dog off boost.

Spiky
9:1 will be nicer engine too. 8:1 is "I drive a cosworth so it has to be 8:1" territory which means its a dog off boost.

i dont agree :blush:

my 2wd cossie was 8:1 which is std and drove lovely,

it's when you drop below this, with a badbly spec'd engine it is crap off boost

cybernck

T16's are also 8:1 and coupled with 4wd drivetrain and 1350+ kg's it makes for a very bad off-boost performance :).

however, i'm sure that in a sub 1000 kg FWD 205, it would be a completely different matter! :)

Batfink

as long as you use the right methods to stop pre-detonation you should run as high a compression as you can get away with

fletch
dude! its 8-1!

Lynx low boost spec+pricelist

High Boost Conversion spec+pricelist

details of the kit the following thread -

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.ph...9404&page=1

write up on the first low boost conversion to be completed -

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.ph...5259&page=1

how's progress Garry?

It's just over 9:1.

welshpug

I guess you lot haven't bothered to read the Lynx engineering Pricelists where it clearly states Wossner forged pistons for 8.0-1 :lol:

what are those steps though Batfink? what makes a VAG 2.0T engine capable of running boost at 11.0-1 for 200bhp?

fletch

No offence intended welshpug, but best to check your facts before posting. The pricelists may say 8.0:1. The ones easypug have ordered are 9:1.

Edited by fletch

Mandic
what are those steps though Batfink? what makes a VAG 2.0T engine capable of running boost at 11.0-1 for 200bhp?

Squish height, water injection, chamber design, piston design, ignition, AFR, sparkplugs, intake temps, any hot spots, type of fuel, and the list goes on...

VAG engine is direct injected!

Cheers

Ziga

petert

There's a very good current thread on Guy Croft's site about the same.

Sign in to follow this