• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shooter mcgavin

Problems With Pin 14 205 Gti6

shooter mcgavin

followed the info on here how to wire up the 19 pin plug and the car is now running B)

when i give pin 14 on the relay a switched live if starts but wont turn off with the key?

i tried giving it a feed from the starter wire just to see and it starts and stops with the key but runs like crap

i am thinking that its not pin 14 that needs to be used?

cant see any reason for a crossed wire since the only wires i have given a switched live is this 1 and the lamda

so near so far :D

pj838

I have the lambda and relay wires joined, and connected to the thick red wire that went to the coil (switched live); The ECU earth; The starter wire connected to the blue 46 wire from the 205; and the fuel pump wire connected to a thick white wire that went into a multijoin somewhere in the middle of the 205 loom (I think it was for the injectors).

The relay wire on my loom was grey c31 (thats what it looked like although some of the number might have rubbed off so double check!)

jonnie205

Usually it needs pin 14 to switch 12v to run and that the only wire it needs, it has to be switched 12v tho

shooter mcgavin

yeah thats the same way i have them done, cant understand it

shooter mcgavin

jonnie its a switched i gave it only tried the pulse from the starter to see if it would turn off

seam to remember reading on here some fella had the same problem cant find the thread now

welshpug

I had a similar problem but I cant remember what caused it, but the effect is that there's power to both sides of the relay instead one one, I have left the wire unconnected to anything for the time being and it all seems to work fine.

jonnie205

Right well i recnelty had a major headache with wiring a gti6 and that wire pin 14 was the only wire i could use to make the relay work and turn on ecu. No other wire on the loom seemed to have any affect and nothing would happen unless this pin 14 had 12v.

shooter mcgavin

wire 14 is defo the right wire to work the ecu just cant work out why it wont turn off with the key,when i turn it off the battery light comes on the dash too.

welshpug when you say you have left the wire unconnected how did you get the realy to power up?

i cut the grey wire pin 14 and joined thick red from coil so that the switched live is not goin any where aparts from the relay and lamda

jonnie205

you say it wont turn off with the key but if you are feeding pin 14 with switched 12v from the key then turning the key off will take voltage to 0 and relay will loose power and turn off.

shooter mcgavin

so it could be a jammed relay then

shooter mcgavin

think i have a few spares will give it a bash.

jonnnie that's it in a nutshell mate checked it with a test light and the feed goes to 0

just wanted to check that there was no other reason for it to stay running

jonnie205

no it wont be i think all it can be is your not giving it switched 12v

Alastairh
no it wont be i think all it can be is your not giving it switched 12v

Sounds like it. Just put a meter on that pin when all wired up. It'll soon come clear...

shooter mcgavin

i will check the pin tomorow, the feed is defo 12v switched checked it double checked it then checked it again ;)

shooter mcgavin

this is now sorted :blush: snipped the wire from the brown multi plug to 19 pin plug that said

fuel pump and all is well

looks like it was getting a switched live and a constaint

thanks for all the help on this 1

Sign in to follow this