• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Martin W

Holding Up The Fuse Box

Martin W

I've come accross a problem, I have removed the lower part of the dash as its not needed in a track car but I dont have a way of holding up the fusebox anymore, as seen in the pic. How do other people keep the fuseboard up?

Any ideas welcome.

IMGP3519.jpg

Jrod

I took the little slidey thing off and put a cable tie through the hole and up around a bracket under the dash.

humanz
I took the little slidey thing off and put a cable tie through the hole and up around a bracket under the dash.

Sorry to resurrect a year old post but...

I have a ph1 dashboard, and the catch where the fuseboard hooks on has broken. I'll give the method above a try, but does anyone have any other suggestions on how to hold up the fuseboard? would really like to be able to close my glovebox.

DRTDVL

i've got a peice of string tied to the dash bolt hole area with a loop on it to hold it up

Baz
Sorry to resurrect a year old post but...

I have a ph1 dashboard, and the catch where the fuseboard hooks on has broken. I'll give the method above a try, but does anyone have any other suggestions on how to hold up the fuseboard? would really like to be able to close my glovebox.

They always are! There should be a little metal folded springy catch attached to the fuse board, and where this locates to secure the glovebox up onto the dash, the dash is more often than not worn/broken away. I try to bend the metal catch and/or mount is slightly off centre to the board so that it pops onto a new part of the dash, hopefully working for a while again!

Miles

Re-wire the car as you don;t need half of it anymore :) and you can have a nice 6 way fuse box then.

But you can get a tube/bar and have a R clip at the bottom

hispetdog

cable ties keep it light!

DamirGTI

Ditto ! cable ties for me too :)

Damir

humanz

Well, so far, the cable ties have been working wonderfully. Thanks guys.

Wouldn't mind more info on the tube/bar Miles. Just out of curiousity.

calvinhorse

i use a bungee cord, plent of places to hook it :huh: