• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RossD

Ma Gearbox

RossD

Does anybody know (maybe Sandy!?) if an MA gearbox from a 2001 306 will fit an earlier (1995 ish) TU5 engine? Did they change the fitment for the later engines?

Reason being is that I have seen a half decent gearbox from a 2001 306 1.4 advertised and I'm half tempted to go for it, but obviously if its not going to fit there will be no point. I know the ratios wont be perfect (I can't see a 1.4 306 being that loooong geared though!) but I can always sort that out later.

Cheers

Ross

Sandy

It will bolt on, but the 306 external selector mechanism is wrong, wrong, wrong. More wrong than calling someone that eats fish a vegetarian.

Rippthrough
It will bolt on, but the 306 external selector mechanism is wrong, wrong, wrong. More wrong than calling someone that eats fish a vegetarian.

Yep, selector is a pain in the arse, I shall take t off your hands for free :rolleyes:

RossD

So in essence its not a bolt on job to fit a 306 gearbox.... Can the selector arms be swapped without taking the box apart?

Cheers

Sandy

The casings aren't drilled the same, the 306 has a single lever mechanism, as opposed to the two lever system on other models.

RossD

Ah ok, that clears things up. Right, the hunt goes on....

Cheers

Edit:

One sec.... The ebay picture shows two gearchange levers and the auction states "This is the type with twin outputs".

Take a look.... Ebay auction #: 110197363794. The gearchange mech at the top looks to be 90 degrees out though...

Edited by RossD

Rippthrough

You can switch to cable shift and use it with a little fab work.

Sign in to follow this