• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
josh1990

Carbrettor

josh1990

Today i tryed to fit my K&N Filter it says Change the jet, to do this remove the emulsion tube, the jet is underneath this, well i couldnt get a screwdriver in to remove the jet, so we split the carb, so i could get to the main jet, i then removed the jet and put the different sized new one in that K&N supplied, when the carb was apart the middle gasket came free from the top bit of the carb, after getting it all back together correctly, or so i thought, i tryed to start it, it started then cut out and wouldnt start again. we then removed the new pancake filter, and we could hear a dripping.

i then looked inside the carb at the front and there was atleast 2mm of fuel sat on the butterfly opening that lets fuel into manifold, so i think maybe one of the floats has got stuck on the middle gasket and letting to much fuel in, flooding the carb, or could it be somthing else.

Josh

stu_woac

the fuel normally build up alittle on the secound choke thats what give that smile performing kick,, soulds like the gasket is letting air in to me as overfueling would still run not very well tho, take the top off and start again must be very tight that to its one of the weak points of the solex for letting in air

josh1990

Think its sorted as you say air gettin in, so i made some gaskets up out of gasket paper,

Jobs a good 'Un'.

Thanks for help josh

josh1990

Today i fitted my 1.1 center pipe straight through no boxes, i started the car up this mornin when exhaust was finished, it has started to hunt, rev needle bouncing up and down, then when i adjust the throttle cable so its idling just below 1k it cuts out, im not sure what to do, and what could be wrong with it now, is it a case of rebuilding the carb new gaskets and using the K&N jet provided or keep the standard jet and replace gaskets,

Any one else had these issues on the 1.4 Tu3s Solex 32/34 Z2 with a K&N,

Need help lol

Josh

Guest smokinslim

Might be worth adjusting the ignition timing perhaps

josh1990

Some one said that but its electronic so shouldnt need it

stu_woac

it will be nothing to do with the k&n but it does make it a bitch to start on cold days so choke needs to be out for a while

and why the straight through centre anyway as this makes the tu3s worse on power but makes more noise

Edited by stu_woac

josh1990

Dunno just fancied it, why would it make it slower, done now any way dosent seem any slower :)

Ok i think im just going to buy a carb rebuild kit, new gaskets, what ever else i get in the kit, should help it run a little better.

Josh

Edited by josh1990

engelbert
it will be nothing to do with the k&n but it does make it a bitch to start on cold days so choke needs to be out for a while

and why the straight through centre anyway as this makes the tu3s worse on power but makes more noise

I've fitted a 1.1 centre pipe to my rallye and it has not lost any power at all and is no slower. just sounds loads nicer very raspy, nice cheap mod :)

After fitting those extra breather mods you may need to get the mixture adjusted older cars need it doing manually, not sure if this'll cause the problem your having but wortha look. :P

Edited by engelbert

stu_woac

well its been proven it does but what would I know ah

josh1990
well its been proven it does but what would I know ah

Ok Stu calm down lol, maybe it does.

Sign in to follow this