• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
FinalD

Xr Suspension

FinalD

My XR has some strange suspension problems.

If I put any weight in the back (be it people, stuff in the boot etc.) the car drops like 3inches at the rear, and then with more weight, drops lower.

My brother said something about it having 306 rear suspension or shocks, I do't know if 306 shocks are softer than 205 stock ones, but it really does drop, and it also makes what can only be described as a griding noise when going round corners (with weight, just me no noise).

Anybody know what the problem actually is...it appears to mostly be from the rear passengerside...but then that is normally the side htat people are on, because I won't get out for them to get i nthe back :)

I'm sure it is just the one corner of the car, so yeah, any help as to something to sort?

It doesn't seem to affect performance (car still loves corners, twisties and speed :D)

-=EDIT=- Wrong part of the forums :) ...can it be moved to suspension etc. ? Cheers.

Cheers.

Rob

Edited by FinalD

Jrod

Probably lost a bumpstop.

DaveW

Its just got soft suspension set up, i bet it dont even have a anti roll bar and some shagged shocks.

Sandy

Dampers (correct name for "Shocks" :) ) don't affect the height, the springs do that. It sounds like a possible trailing arm bearing collapse though.

Sign in to follow this